Walgreens Patient Care Specialist Special Handling in BEAVERTON, Oregon
Title: Patient Care Specialist Special Handling
Job Number: 027215
Provides new and existing patients with the best possible customer service in relation to their drug prescriptions, clinical services, billing inquiries, patients’ suggestions and complaints. Provides new and existing patients with the best possible customer service in relation to their drug prescriptions, clinical services, billing inquiries, patients’ suggestions and complaints as part of our Special Handling, Limited Distribution or Drug/Disease specific teams.
- Assists with patient activities, including follow-up calls for patient's next order/refill, initiates the discharge of patient from services, contacts a patient's doctor's office to schedule delivery of an order, requests a letter be mailed to the patient if unable to make contact and any other reminders necessary as it related to the patient's care.
- Provides timely response to internal or external customer order inquiries by telephone and/or email in an in or outbound service center, consistent with service and quality standards.
- Provides pricing, availability, and schedules information within established guidelines.
- Receives inbound and outbound calls to patients or MD Offices regarding orders for medications, pharmacy services and all other inquiries.
- Coordinates patient care by scheduling orders, communicating information to the patient regarding shipments, assessing supply needs, verifying patient information, notifying the pharmacist of issues or changes in the patient’s condition. Ensuring that additional information is collected and processed when processing orders - data collects, REMS requirements, portal access for LD drugs.
- Provides correct information or directs the call to the appropriate team member or department while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Ensures that good patients’ relations are maintained and patients’ claims and complaints are resolved fairly and effectively.
- Creates patient activities as a reminder for the following tasks including but not limited to follow-up calls for patients, to initiate discharge of service, to contact a patient's doctor's office, to mail a letter to a patient, and any other reminders necessary as it relates to a patient's care.
- Contacts the pharmacists to alert them of any changes in patient's condition, compliance issues due to patient not taking medication or side effects, or to transfer a patient directly to pharmacist for counseling.
- Complete other stages of the order process as assigned including but not limited to scanning prescriptions, image indexing, preQA, load insurance information, run test claims, work issues and facilitate prior authorizations.
- Assists working additional queues in the system such as Dispense Confirmation queue and Welcome Call queue.
- Provides typed documentation of all communications received from calls and provides notification of any urgent orders, shipping related issues and any errors, complaints or compliments to the appropriate party or system.
- Assist with reporting on patient orders as per drug, disease state or manufacturer requirements.
- May assist in training of new team members.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com and VisionDirect.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 1 year of experience in Patient Care, healthcare, retail or customer service oriented role.
- At least 1 year of experience providing customer service to team members and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Experience in entering data into databases such as Microsoft Access.
- Willing to work mandatory extra hours, this may include evenings, weekends and/or hours outside of normal business hours.
- Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents, access information on-line, etc.).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Keyboarding skills basic level (for example: operate by touch the letter, number, and symbol keys with minimal errors).
- Basic Internet Explorer skills experience to include opening a browser, typing in URLs in the correct location, using a search engine, bookmarking a site, navigating using back/forward/stop buttons, and filling out forms online.
- Pharmacy Technician License or Certification preferred unless required by state as granted by the state Board of Pharmacy or nationally recognized certification agency.
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- At least 1 year of experience in a healthcare or pharmacy setting.
- Experience in calculating benefit usage balances, co-pays, days of supply, and other health insurance mathematical calculations.
Accessibility/Accommodation Walgreens is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Walgreens Careers website as a result of your disability. The Company will also reasonably accommodate sincerely-held religious beliefs. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. If you need an accommodation or assistance in using the Walgreens Careers website, please call 1-866-967-5492.