Nvidia Sr Compiler Engineer in Beaverton, Oregon
We are now looking for a Senior Compiler Engineer:
NVIDIA’s PGI compiler team is looking to hire an experienced Compiler Developer to help with the development of one of the world's most important optimizing Fortran compilers. You will work on compilers for high-performance computing and help drive future implementations of Fortran, C++, OpenMP and OpenACC.
You should have strong hands-on experience with C and C++ programming languages, parsers, semantic analysis and code generators. You should be very familiar with working on Linux. You will have worked on production compilers with comprehensive test suites. Having experience implementing one or more of Fortran, OpenMP or OpenACC is a big plus.
What we need to see:
- Degree in Computer Science, ECE or related (Ph.D. or Masters preferred)
- Assembly language programming skills
- Deep understanding of machine architectures
- Strong background in programming languages
- 5+ years of previous experience in development of production compilers
- Knowledge of compiler internals, especially compiler front-ends
- Knowledge of intermediate representations like LLVM IR
- Demonstrated C/C++ programming skills with production system software
- Working knowledge of good software engineering principles and methodologies
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Fortran compiler front end experience
- Knowledge of modern Fortran semantics
- Experience with GPU-based parallel computing
- Familiarity with OpenMP and OpenACC standards
- Direct experience with LLVM
NVIDIA's invention of the GPU in 1999 sparked the growth of the PC gaming market, redefined modern computer graphics, and revolutionized parallel computing. Our GPUs are being used in many of the largest high performance computing projects around the world, solving real world problems. Our products are used to build and parallelize the most important scientific applications in the world for weather modeling, climatology, fluid dynamics and defense. Your work will support real science and scientists throughout the world.
Do you want to work in a small team that builds the tools to support this work? Impact products customers use every single day to increase the amount of work they can do? Influence the future of language standards?
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of high technology's most desirable employers. We have some of the most brilliant and talented people in the world working for us. Our goal is to craft an environment where you can do your life's best work. If you're creative, self-motivated and autonomous, we want to hear from you.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer
- Posted 3 Days Ago
- Full time