Walgreens WPSA - Order Processing Technician in BEAVERTON, Oregon
Title: WPSA - Order Processing Technician
Job Number: 027861
Is responsible for the Image Indexing, preQA, Reorder, Doctor Call and Pharmacist Call Back functions in the referral and order process.
- Monitors the index queue and accurately attaches prescription, referral or other images to patient referral/profile.
- Sets the priority level for the referral so the referral can be worked appropriately through the different stages of the process.
- Manages referrals in the Reorder step and activates the referral when appropriate.
- Accurately transcribes the prescription and patient information from the referral documentation into the system for processing.
- Researches referrals and obtain prescriptions for new or continued treatment from the appropriate MD offices via phone or fax.
- Manages calls to and from internal and external customers for clarification of prescriptions, requesting further information or to inform them of a delay in services due to lack of needed information.
- Transfers Pharmacist Call Backs to a Pharmacist in order to complete the intake/referral of a patient for services.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com and VisionDirect.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- High School Diploma/GED and experience in pharmacy order entry.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Willing to work mandatory extra hours, this may include evenings, weekends and/or hours outside of normal business hours.
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents, access information on-line, etc.).
- Basic Internet Explorer skills experience to include opening a browser, typing in URLs in the correct location, using a search engine, bookmarking a site, navigating using back/forward/stop buttons, and filling out forms online.
- At least 1 year of experience in call center experience.
- Pharmacy Technician License or Certification preferred unless required by state as granted by the state Board of Pharmacy or nationally recognized certification agency.
- Experience in calculating benefit usage balances, co-pays, days of supply, and other health insurance mathematical calculations.
Accessibility/Accommodation Walgreens is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Walgreens Careers website as a result of your disability. The Company will also reasonably accommodate sincerely-held religious beliefs. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. If you need an accommodation or assistance in using the Walgreens Careers website, please call 1-866-967-5492.