Copper Mountain Resort Lodge Services Supervisor - Swing Shift - Winter in Bend, Oregon
The supervisor must be a guest service oriented individual who values cleanliness, is energetic, organized/methodical, and who wants to reward hard work with some fun on the mountain. The Janitorial duties include the cleaning and maintaining of the lodges and buildings in the base area. Duties include moving tables and chairs, vacuuming and resetting the areas for the next day. Maintain bathrooms, kitchens and other public areas within the base lodges.
Oversee the work, by performing quality inspections, of the housekeeping staff as well as perform hands-on housekeeping duties. Train new staff in basic work methods and assign and check specific duties.
Must have the ability to coordinate the work of others as well as perform all housekeeping duties. Candidates should have at least 1-3 years of relevant experience, good knowledge and skills in routine housekeeping and custodial work. Individual needs good communication skills and the ability to multi task while conducting themselves in a courteous and professional manner. Being a good role model is very important.
This full-time, seasonal position is mainly swing shift, but must be available to work occasional day shifts.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Maintain a friendly and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Visually inspect public space to ensure everything is clean and in working order according to brand standards.
- Develop daily cleaning schedules and assign leads to projects.
- Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Order and maintain supplies and equipment for the Lodge Services department.
- Train and coach employees and co-workers to perform their duties in a safe manner. This includes, SDS training for safe use of chemicals & equipment, following Mt Bachelors safety training checklist, and working in an ever-changing environment. Develop and review daily Safety Huddles with staff.
- Coordinate, prioritize, and assign responsibilities to Housekeeping staff.
- Clean and maintain facilities and housekeeping equipment.
- Comply with all resort policies, procedures, and standards of operation.
- Follow chain of command and delegate.
- Train and cross-train team members. Discuss the Daily Safety Huddle with staff at beginning of shift.
- Evaluate and discipline team members.
- Assist other departments, as needed.
- Drive company vehicles.
- Implement setup and takedown for a wide variety of mountain events.
Specific Job Skills:
License/Certifications- Current and valid driver's license.
Technical- Basic computer skills.
Physical Capabilities- Able to lift up to 25 pounds, be standing and moving for long periods of time and work in inclement weather at times.
Additional- Professional demeanor and strong communicator.
Minimum education required- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
Minimum time in related position- Minimum of 1 year in a leadership position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled