Amazon.com Data Center Technician II in Boardman, Oregon
We're looking for Data Center Technicians to join our growing team within infrastructure operations. Scope of work includes troubleshooting and repairing servers with hardware and network issue. Work involves hardware diagnostic and replacement of failed components. Must be able to work effectively with minimum supervision and handle multiple priorities.
Technician will provide operational support of our Eastern Oregon Data Centers. They'll be responsible for day to day incident management of servers and networking equipment. project work and capacity management. The engineer will work closely with the Data Center Manager on projects scheduling and directing work for junior technicians and associates
Ability to work 4x10 day and night shifts with 12 week rotations
• Walk jobsites in uneven terrain.
• Work at heights and from ladders.
• Regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch.
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds; and participate in group lifts for 41 pounds or more
• Carry objects weighing up to 40 pounds for short distances.
• Work shifts longer than eight hours in duration.
• Respond to off hour emergency calls.
• Coordinate body movements when using tools or equipment
• Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance
• Occasional bending or twisting of the body
• Perform physical tasks all day without becoming overly tired
• Use hands to manipulate small wires and objects
• Push or pull heavy objects into position
• Work in a noisy areas with hotter and colder temperatures than standard office environmental conditions.
• Occasional work in tight and/or narrow spaces, such as under raised floors
Some travel may be required
Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and coordination with Data Center Manager
3-5 years IT support experience
Hands on experience with x86 architecture based systems
Data Center Technician experience
Experience with Linux or similar OS
Good knowledge of network design and protocols
Understanding of storage devices
Understanding of scripting languages
Must exhibit good communication and grammatical skills
Must be capable of lifting 35lbs
Must have valid driver’s license and their own vehicle
Must be able to pass background check and drug test
Must be able to obtain a CompTIA ServerPlus within first 3 months of hire date
Must be able to function well under pressure with multiple priorities
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
AMZR Req ID: 556373
External Company URL: www.amazon.com