Pacific Northwest National Laboratory DoD Team Cyber Security Engineer, Associate in CORVALLIS, Oregon
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 306890
Directorate: National Security
Division: Computing and Analytics
Group: Cyber Security
If you want to join a team of experts supporting DoD missions and enterprise operational systems, and if you want to develop, test, and implement enterprise level cyber security solutions, as well as participate in the development and testing of solutions deployed to the cloud and supporting the space enterprise, the DoD Team Cyber Security Engineer position could be for you.
As the DoD Team Cyber Security Engineer, you would participate on a team to develop the creation, demonstration, evaluation, and implementation of concepts and enterprise level processes for operational mission systems, including but not limited to:
- systems engineering and systems security engineering
- program protection planning (i.e., criticality analyzes, anti-tamper requirements development),
- cyber risk and resiliency assessments,
- military utility assessments,
- cyber test and evaluation,
- supply chain risk management,
- cyber defense and risk mitigations,
- analysis of alternatives.
Here’s what we’re looking for in our DoD Team Cyber Security Engineer:
- Credentials in computer science and embedded systems
- Passion for software engineering and the development of novel solutions
- Ability to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at a technical level with peers and supervisors
- Ability to communicate at a non-technical level to sponsors and management
- Experience researching vulnerabilities of COTS applications/systems
- Experience deploying technologies in milCloud, AWS Commercial, and/or AWS GovCloud
- Demonstrated experience with the full software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated experience testing hardware components
Operating on the data-information-knowledge continuum, staff at PNNL employ diverse methods to confront significant problems of national interest—from distilling distributed data into knowledge that supports decision processes, to enabling resilient technologies that enhance computing at extreme scales, to equipping cyber defenders with tools that prevent damaging cyber-attacks.
Our research portfolio—spanning from basic to applied—includes data and computational engineering, high-performance computing, applied mathematics, semantic and human language technologies, machine learning, data and computing architectures, systems integration, and software and application development.
Computing researchers and practitioners work side by side to apply advanced theories, methods, algorithms, models, evaluation tools and testbeds, and computational-based solutions address complex scientific challenges affecting energy, biological sciences, the environment, and national security.
This position is located offsite at the sponsor’s location in Los Angeles, California. Applicants are expected to be willing to work at a sponsor location for a minimum of one year and relocate to the Richland, Washington upon completion of the assignment.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Software Development, or related field; and at least 0-1 years’ experience.
In addition to those skills listed above:
- An active TS/SCI clearance.
- Familiarity with a variety of computing software including, but not limited to, Splunk, ELK, Visual Studio, MS Office, Matlab, etc.
- Familiarity with equipment such as network analyzers, power supplies, oscilloscopes, etc.
Python, C#, and Terraform.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a federal security clearance.
* U.S. Citizenship
* Background Investigation: Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter in accordance 10 CFR 710, Appendix B.
* Drug Testing: All Security Clearance (L or Q) positions will be considered by the Department of Energy to be Testing Designated Positions which means that they are subject to applicant, random, and for cause drug testing. In addition, applicants must be able to demonstrate non-use of illegal drugs, including marijuana, for the 12 consecutive months preceding completion of the requisite Questionnaire for National Security Positions (QNSP).
Note: Applicants will be considered ineligible for security clearance processing by the U.S. Department of Energy until non-use of illegal drugs, including marijuana, for 12 consecutive months can be demonstrated.
Directorate: National Security Dir
Job Category: Computation and Information Sciences
Group: Cyber Security
Opening Date: 2017-09-25
Closing Date: 2017-10-27