University of Oregon Facilities Operations Manager in Eugene, Oregon
Facilities Operations Manager
Apply nowJob no:520726
Work type:Officer of Administration
Categories:Administrative/Professional, Custodial, Facilities/Grounds/Skilled Trades, Healthcare/Nursing
Department:University Health Center
Appointment Type and Duration:Regular, Ongoing
Salary:$54,000 - $62,000 per year
Application Review Begins
July 31, 2017; position open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
To ensure consideration, application must be submitted online and include the following:
• Cover letter which expresses your interest in the position and fully articulates how you meet the minimum qualifications, professional competencies, and any preferred qualifications you may have.
• Current resume which includes dates of employment.
• Three professional references, one of which must be current or most recent supervisor (if not currently employed). Candidate will be notified prior to references being contacted.
• Responses to the following Supplemental Questions:
- The University Health Center is dedicated to intentionally creating a multicultural and diverse organization that actively includes and engages everyone. What does this mean to you AND, if you were selected for this position, how will you help the University Health Center achieve this goal?
The University Health Center (UHC) is a unit within the Division of Student Services and Enrollment Management and is accredited through the AAAHC. The primary mission of the University Health Center is to provide exceptional culturally competent health services and public health leadership that enhances personal success and optimizes health and wellness for a diverse campus community. The UHC serves as the health and medical resource for the university community.
The purpose of this position is to manage and coordinate all aspects of the custodial, facility and maintenance operations of the University Health Center (UHC). Supervises in-house custodial staff and coordinates custodial responsibilities for the Counseling and Testing Center. This position performs standards inspections, plans and directs facilities operations, schedules maintenance through Campus Operations, performs minor facility maintenance/repair, schedules minor construction and coordinates renovation projects, creates, reviews and revises policies and procedures, and manages the day-to-day safety concerns of the building. This position works cooperatively and collaboratively with UHC and UCTC staff and with other campus units.
Responsible to ensure a safe and sanitary environment by compliance and adherence to OSHA, EHS, CDC, AAAHC, UHC and university regulatory requirements. Responsible for the creation and management of the custodial/facilities departmental budget. Serves as a member of the management team.
Make independent decisions pertaining to all areas of responsibility. Decisions can impact patient care, departmental operating budgets and the ability to fulfill the UHC mission. Decisions can commit the UHC to financial obligations.
This position reports to the Director for Finance and Business Operations.
• 2 years of experience supervising or leading the work of custodial staff. Experience must have been within the past 5 years.
• 2 years of experience in facilities operations management.
• Position requires successful completion of a criminal background check and routine screening of Medicaid and Medicare Exclusion Lists. Employee loses eligibility for employment if on the List of Excluded Individuals and Entities (LEIE) and/or System of Award Management (SAM).
• Must be in compliance with UHC policies regarding tuberculosis screening, measles and mumps (MMR), seasonal flu, hepatitis B, and other immunization requirements.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including interpersonal, one-on-one, and in small and large groups.
• Demonstrated ability to manage tasks where successful collaboration and coordination with other managers was essential.
• Strong organizational skills including the ability to set priorities, problem solve, demonstrate initiative, and exercise sound independent judgment.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
• Experience in creating and managing a budget.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to generate documents, and experience with Microsoft Outlook or other email client.
• Demonstrated experience with and/or commitment to working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds, in support of an inclusive and welcoming environment.
• Experience in facilities operations management within a healthcare setting.
• Experience working with employees in a unionized setting.
• Experience and knowledge of AAAHC accreditation standards.
• Experience working within a HIPAA-compliant organization.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visithttp://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.
Advertised:17 Jul 2017Pacific Daylight Time