University of Oregon Office Manager/Executive Assistant in Eugene, Oregon
Office Manager/Executive Assistant
Apply nowJob no:520764
Work type:Officer of Administration
Categories:Administrative/Office Support, Research/Scientific/Grants
Appointment Type and Duration:Regular, Ongoing
Salary:$42,000 - $52,000 per year
This is an Internal Search. Applicants ineligible for this position will not be considered.
Application Review Begins
July 31, 2017; position open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit a resume that clearly shows your relevant experience, a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for the position and three professional references.
The Knight Campus for Accelerating Scientific Impact is a billion-dollar initiative designed to fast-track scientific discoveries and the process of turning those discoveries into innovations that improve the quality of life for people in Oregon, the nation and beyond. The Knight Campus will reshape the higher education landscape in Oregon by training the next generations of scientists, forging tighter ties with industry and entrepreneurs and creating new educational opportunities for graduate and undergraduate students.
The Office Manager for the Knight Campus manages the administrative and financial functions of the Knight Campus Director’s office, and provides confidential executive support to the Director and the Chief of Staff for the Knight Campus. The Office Manager actively participates in Knight Campus initiatives and activities that foster a welcoming and inclusive environment, with particular attention to the unit’s administrative functions, event management, and executive support. This position regularly interacts with UO leadership, faculty, staff, and students while also engaging with internal and external key university partners requiring high levels of sensitivity, confidentiality, and cultural awareness. The Office Manager must have the ability to work independently, demonstrate sound judgment, and exercise creative problem solving skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree; OR or 4+ years professional work experience managing the day to day operations of an office, including budget/financial coordination.
• 2+ years experience providing executive-level administrative support.
• 1+ years of professional event management experience.
• Demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated high-level attention to detail and follow through.
• Demonstrated ability to learn and follow processes, plus demonstrated good, independent judgement on when and how to deviate from processes.
• Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate and work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Commitment to promoting an inclusive work environment.
• Proficiency with software and technology, including electronic calendars, word processing and spreadsheets.
• Professional work experience in higher education.
• Professional management experience in high-level office operations.
• Experience with BANNER or similar information system.
• Experience with complex financial and administrative policies, rules and procedures.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visithttp://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.
Advertised:17 Jul 2017Pacific Daylight Time