Lane Community College Part-Time Instructor - Human Services in Eugene, Oregon
Lane Community College is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / Veteran / Disabled Employer embracing diversity. We encourage a safe and hospitable environment for women, minority, veteran and disabled candidates.
- Lane actively recruits Veterans and those with Disabilities for all positions. For accommodations and questions call 541-463-5586.
- Veterans, please fax, e-mail, mail or deliver your documentation to Human Resources at Lane Community College. email@example.com, 541-463-5111
Welcome to Lane!
- Proof of certification as Community Health Worker from the state of Oregon is required for application.*
- Posting Closes August 7, 2017
- Unofficial transcripts are required for application, with official transcripts required for hiring.
- Complete online application; ensuring all employment fields are completed.
- Beyond the required education and experience instructors must have a passion for what they teach, and have teaching styles that support student success. Instructors are responsible for following Division and College procedures in support of teaching and learning.
- Candidates will be able to implement and ensure an “equity lens” is used to assess, implement and maintain systems and structures that are inclusive and respectful.
How to monitor your application. 1. Enter the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org into your safe sending list. Notifications will be sent toward the end of search process. Be sure to check your junk or spam mail accounts. 2. Visit your Employment Opportunities account. Look under my applications.
Applicants must complete the Lane online application in full. See applicant instructions for how to apply. Positions close at 9:00 pm.
Part-time Faculty positions will be paid based on relevant experience and education in concurrence with Lane’s part-time Faculty salary schedule.
- Starting range for part-time faculty is Step 1 – Step 10.
Part-time faculty may be eligible for full contracted benefits after meeting certain criteria. * The Faculty benefits package includes a generous contribution toward medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, long term disability and paid sick leave. visit: http://www.lanecc.edu/hr/benefits.
All employees are compensated through electronic direct deposit.
Work schedule will be determined by enrollment, student, college and division needs. All part-time positions are temporary.
REQUIRED EDUCATION Master’s in Human Services, Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work; or Master’s Degree in a related field plus 30 quarter or 20 semester graduate hours in Human Services, Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work. Plus certification as a Community Health Worker in the state of Oregon. All graduate degrees and graduate hours must be from a regionally accredited institution.
Minimum of one year experience in Human Services in public or private agencies preferred. One year teaching experience preferred.
*Teaching experience with community college student populations is preferred.
Bilingual proficiency in any language is sought, with an emphasis on Spanish or Asian language; as well as demonstrated multicultural and diversity experience is preferred.
A demonstrated commitment to diversity in the form of social justice work and activities.
No Equivalencies offered
POSITION PURPOSE Teach HS 171 Community Health Worker class and possibly various other Human Services classes.
- Faculty are professional educators with the primary responsibility of providing a quality learning experience for all Lane Community College students. The relationship of the faculty member to the student is one of teacher of record and facilitator of learning.
Support student learning through activities that include:
- exhibiting compliance with College policies and procedures, accountability for leave time, time sheet completion, release time, text book ordering and related functions
- keeping current in discipline and innovation in teaching
- continually evaluate and assess student outcomes through appropriate assessment tools/methods; actively utilize results to inform improvements at a program and course level
- faculty with teaching duties are responsible for evaluating student achievement, of clearly identified learning outcomes, consistent with core ability outcomes; meet accreditation requirements
- must demonstrate an active concern for students and staff
- maintaining and posting teaching schedule, regular meetings and office hours
- maintaining physical campus presence for instruction and daily needs of students, departments, college and community, as specified in the College Operations Policies and Procedures: http://www.lanecc.edu/cops/index.htm
- maintaining requirements for student records, attendance, grades, and/or other documentation; ensure a safe, quality classroom or lab, including equipment, supplies, and inventory
- provide high quality classroom instruction
- create course content, develop and revise course content and materials
- establish course learning outcomes consistent with core learning outcomes, assess outcomes using appropriate assessment tools, and use assessment results to inform improvements at a program and course level
- incorporate college values into curriculum and promote a respectful learning environment including facilitating awareness of multicultural and diversity issues in curricula
- teaching and developing all class syllabi and course materials, in a form that can be directly delivered to, and used by, students and consistent with state approved course outlines.
- confer with students on course materials
- deliver curriculum to students in traditional and online formats.
- Develop and incorporate course learning outcomes in curriculum.
Equity and Inclusion
Demonstrate Lane’s core value of social justice by ensuring equity and competency skills such as respect, inclusiveness, reflecting, valuing of cultural and personal differences, are the basis of employee interpersonal communications and relationships in all position responsibilities. This is done regardless of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, social class, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, nationality, age, language, origin or employment status.
How to monitor your application. 1. Enter the e-mail address email@example.com into your safe sending list. Notifications will be sent toward the end of search process. Be sure to check your junk or spam mail accounts. 2. Visit your Employment Opportunities account. The main page will show your status in the search.
- See applicant instructions for how to apply. Positions close at 9:00 pm.
SUPERVISION Reports to Division Dean, work may be overseen by a lead faculty member.
Physical Demands/Working Environment
This position works indoors and is exposed to usual office working conditions that includes office noises and interruptions, such as printers, telephones, and visitors. This position requires that an employee be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time; perform computer work in the form of word processing, data entry, spreadsheet work, and webbased research for more than 7 hours a day.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Demonstrates knowledge and skill in: Delivery of curriculum using excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills; understanding the importance of library /information resources to student success; understanding of learning-centered values and goals; adhering to FERPA guidelines; understanding and applying principles of instructional design; consistently and promptly interfacing with students, peers, administrative and support staff in an organized, flexible, fair and professional manner.
Proven Ability to: Exhibit motivation and initiative; demonstrate enthusiasm in teaching performance while maintaining high standards and expectations for all students; implement teaching activities and a diversity of active learning methods, procedures and resources including application of technology; contribute to the development and use of multiple measures of evaluation and assessment that are appropriate for each course and program; employ methods that serve the diverse learning needs of students; demonstrate willingness to teach at times and places necessary to meet student need; exercise strong interpersonal skills in interactions with students and maintain collegial relationships with others in the college community such as work study students.
- No section of the application may be left blank; a CV or resume may not replace any section of the application.
- To be considered a candidate for this position, all of the following must be included in the application package:
Submit a complete online application. * References: List three (3) references, four (4) preferred, as part of the application
Vitae or Resume – Comprehensive of experience, education and accomplishments.
Cover Letter – State how you meet the minimum qualifications and why you are interested in teaching at community college.
Unofficial or Official transcripts are required for application, see below!
Proof of certification as a Community Health Worker from the state of Oregon required for application.
Veterans: please fax, e-mail, mail or deliver your DD214/Letter of Disability to Human Resources at Lane, firstname.lastname@example.org , 541-463-5111.
- For assistance with the online program call 541.463.5586
- For position questions contact Social Science at 541.463.5428, email@example.com
Do not send letters of reference or additional documents, they will not be reviewed.
Department Contact Information and transcript instructions are listed below:
- Attach unofficial or official transcripts in PDF form or
- Fax, mail, email or deliver the pdf document to: Carrie Lawson Social Science Department 4000 E. 30th Avenue Eugene, OR 97405 (541) 463-5428 firstname.lastname@example.org
* Official transcripts will be required if selected.
- Electronic official transcripts from educational institutions must have the authentication cover letter.
College and Division Information
The goal of Lane Community College is to help students achieve their dreams and transform lives through learning. The faculty and staff are dedicated to helping students succeed. Lane partners with businesses in the community to help shape the current and future workforce. Programs
Lane Community College is a comprehensive community college. The college offers a wide variety of instructional programs including transfer credit programs, career and technical degree and certificate programs, continuing education noncredit courses, programs in English as a Second Language and International ESL, GED programs, and customized training for local businesses. Classes are offered at several locations, and online classes. One of the advantages of attending Lane is living in the area. Lane’s main campus is in Eugene, a city known for its quality of life and for being the home of the University of Oregon. Eugene and neighboring Springfield are the second largest population center in the state. We are nestled in the Willamette Valley between the Pacific Ocean and the Cascade Mountains. Some peaks in the Cascade Range can be seen from main campus. The area’s scenic mountains, forests, rivers, lakes, and coastline offer many opportunities for outdoor adventures or for just sitting back and enjoying the view. See what’s new at www.eugenecascadescoast.org/ (link is external).
Posting Number: 170097
Job Title: Part-Time Instructor - Human Services
Department /Division: Social Science
Location: Main Campus
Classification: Part-Time Instructor
Position Type: Contracted Part-Time Faculty
Anticipated Start Date: Fall term 2017
Working Schedule: Work schedule will be determined by enrollment, student, college and division needs. All part-time positions are temporary.
Position Status: Temporary
Annual Schedule: OtherTERM : based on department need
Annual Schedule Details: TERM : based on department need
Quicklink for Posting: http://jobs.lanecc.edu/postings/8500
Posting Date: 07/17/2017
Closing Date: 08/07/2017
Applicant Pool: No
Open Until Filled: No
Union Association: LCC Education Association (Faculty)