University of Oregon Therapy Aide in Eugene, Oregon
Apply nowJob no:520746
Work type:Classified Staff
Department:University Health Center
Appointment Type and Duration:Regular, Ongoing
Salary:$11.99 - $16.68 per hour
Review of Applications Begins
Position closes on July 31, 2017
Special Instructions to Applicants
To ensure full consideration, please include the following:
• Complete online application
• Responses to the following Supplemental Questions:
Describe your most recent experience and duties in a medical, physical therapy, or athletic training facility.
Considering the requirements for this position (see job description), what skills and abilities do you possess which make you the right candidate to join our team?
The University Health Center (UHC) is dedicated to intentionally creating a multicultural and diverse organization that actively engages everyone. What does this mean to you AND, if you were selected for this position, how would you help the UHC achieve this goal?
The University Health Center (UHC) is a unit within the Division of Student Services and Enrollment Management and is a nationally accredited (AAAHC) outpatient clinic providing primary care to students at the University of Oregon. The UHC’s mission is to provide exceptional culturally competent health services and public health leadership that enhances personal success and optimizes health and wellness for a diverse campus community.
This position provides assistance with patient care for the athletic trainers and physical therapists. In addition, this position assists in the management of the various clinical spaces for all services, coordinates inventory management, and assists with over the counter (OTC) sales. This position requires a high level of customer service for both internal and external customers.
This position works during the academic year. Employment of academic year employees may be extended into the breaks and/or summer term to meet the departmental and/or operational needs of the UHC.
The individual placed in this position must be willing to work a flexible schedule, as determined by the operational needs of the department.
• Recent experience (within the past two years) working as a physical therapy aide or assisting with patient care in a medical, physical therapy, or athletic training facility.
• Position requires successful completion of a criminal background check and routine screening of Medicaid and Medicare Exclusion Lists. Employee loses eligibility for employment if on the List of Excluded Individuals and Entities (LEIE) and/or System of Award Management (SAM)
• Must be in compliance with UHC policies regarding tuberculosis screening, measles and mumps (MMR), seasonal flu, hepatitis B, and other immunization requirements
• Demonstrated experience with and/or commitment to working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds, in support of an inclusive and welcoming environment
• Ability to perform basic clerical functions including data entry, scheduling and record keeping
• Demonstrated knowledge of anatomy and tissue healing processes
• Demonstrated understanding of medical terminology
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
This is a classified position represented by the SEIU Local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visithttp://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.
Advertised:17 Jul 2017Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close:31 Jul 2017Pacific Daylight Time