Burlington Stores, Inc. Accounting Room Auditor in Happy Valley, Oregon
Bring your passion for fashion to today's Burlington Stores, Inc. If you are interested in a career in retail, consider joining one of the largest off price retailers of apparel and home furnishings in the nation. We always have a large selection of quality name brand merchandise at huge savings; coats, clothing and shoes for the whole family, fashionable accessories, home decor, and everything for baby. Burlington means one-stop shopping for labels you love at prices you love even more. With more than 500 stores, we're always looking for good talent that can drive results.
General Purpose of Position: As part of the operations team, the Accounting Room Auditor is responsible for keeping records of financial transactions for the store and safeguarding Company assets, performing all accounting operations and assisting at the front end when needed.
*Focus of Position: *Positively demonstrate the company’s Core Values by developing trust and respect among peers and management, working in teams and partnering with others through collaborative work ethics, and driving business results by placing a high priority on detail and accuracy to successfully complete all tasks Deliver excellent customer service and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism
- Open, close, count, log, and balance the safe fund
- Prepare the tills for register drawers
- Make change for registers throughout the day
- Prepare, balance, and audit the Daily Sales Report
- Update all logs daily, including store credits, layaways, gift certificates and safe fund
- Log all cashier variances
- Reconcile and balance cashier tills and paperwork
- Monitor the register detail tapes
- Open registers at the beginning of the day
- Act as liaison between the store and sales audit department
- Assist in ringing up sales at registers and/or bagging merchandise
- Assist with auditing and editing the schedules with the BEST system, maintaining integrity in all scheduling and ensuring schedules are compliant with company standards
Any other tasks as assigned from time to time Skills and Competencies:
Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Ability to maintain organized records and performing accounting functions
- Ability to process information/merchandise through computer system
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others
Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job Requirements:
6+ months of cash handling experience, preferably within a Big Box or Specialty environment
- Availability to meet minimum scheduling requirements as set forth by the company including working nights and weekends.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills
Our ideal candidates will be self motivated, team players, who have the desire to succeed. We care about our employees, have a supportive environment that values trust and respect, offer a competitive wage and benefits package that includes a generous paid time off plan, plus an associate discount, and a company matched 401(k) to name a few.
Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity and makes all hiring decisions in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
Location: Happy Valley, OR
Address: 10506 SE 82nd Avenue
Requisition ID: 201-1140226
Posting Date: 06/18/2017