Weyerhaeuser Production Supervisor - Lebanon, OR in Lebanon, Oregon
Our Lebanon, Oregon lumber mill has an immediate opening for a Production Supervisor. This is a full-time, salaried exempt position reporting to the site Operations Manager.
In this role, you will lead a shift of hourly associates to achieve excellence in safety, quality and production. You will be responsible for safely planning, organization, delivering operational objectives, and coordinating with Maintenance to drive continuous improvement in the manufacturing process.
Our state-of-the-art mill has approximately 140 employees and produces high-quality Douglas Fir lumber for customers throughout the Western USA. We have a reputation for manufacturing excellence and continuous improvement and host international groups regularly.
You can see a video tour of our Lebanon, OR site here:https://youtu.be/8QdyDUfOXDU
In this role you will: * Act as a role modelfor our core values:/Safety, Integrity, Citizenship, and Sustainability/ * Involve and engage associates, support ongoing safety initiatives, and strive for an injury-free work environment * Pro-actively workto identify, and assist in resolving, safety, quality, and productivity issues * Developcrewing schedules and training assignments to meet production and cost goals * Provide effective coaching, feedback, and discipline as required to improve the performance of the team * Act as a mediatorto resolve associate issues and concerns in a fair, consistent and timely manner. * Ensure compliancewith all applicable Weyerhaeuser, federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies * *Conduct daily crew meetings and weekly training *
- Bachelor’s degree (Forestry, Engineering, Business preferred)
- Minimum 3 years experience in a supervisory or key leadership role (production experience preferred)
- Track record of achieving superior results both independently and through others
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and electronic communication skills
- Competent computer skills, including MS Office and other Windows based programs
- Strong planning, organization and facilitation skills
- Willing and able to work all shifts, including weekends
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Sawmill experience or other wood products manufacturing experience
- Working knowledge of business and financial concepts
- Understanding of labor law and requirements About Our Wood Products Business Serving the residential, multi-family and light commercial markets, our Wood Products businesses manufacture a wide range of structural framing materials and provides seamless building solutions, from design to installation to support. These teams move fast, work smart and never stop pushing to be and stay number one in the industry.
About Weyerhaeuser We grow trees and make forest products that improve lives in fundamental ways. Our wood products are used to build homes, where families are sheltered and raised. Our cellulose fibers are used to make diapers and other hygiene products that keep people clean and healthy. We innovate to use trees in products you may not expect, such as fabric, plastics and energy. At Weyerhaeuser, we’re working together to be the world’s premier timber, land, and forest products company.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./ / / /*M/
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Production Supervisor - Lebanon, OR
Requisition ID: 01011287