U.S. Military Entrance Processing Command Test Administrator in Medford, Oregon
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
NOTE: Hourly salary range is*$16.87-$21.09*
About the Position:As a Test Administrator, you will administer tests to individuals wishing to enter the military and high school students participating in the Career Exploration Program. This position does not provide guaranteed work hours each week, and work will be assigned on an intermittent "as needed basis". Occasional shift work may include some Saturdays. Intermittent employees are not eligible for benefits. Travel is required to various testing sites, personally owned vehicles are required to be used and travel reimbursement is authorized.
Who May Apply:Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Veterans with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
- Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
You will serve as a Test Administrator. You will conduct the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) Enlistment Test Session to determine individual qualifications for enlistment into military service. You will administer specified written examinations or via computer sessions ranging in size from 1 to 40 persons (enlistment tests) and 1 to 250 persons (students tests). You will be responsible for ensuring that individuals can access and execute aptitude testing on computers for internet testing. Following common test administrative practices and guidelines, you will instruct applicants on testing procedures. You will distribute, collect and sort all test materials, to include: Answer sheets,Test taker forms,Enlistment test booklets,Students test booklets, Personal data assistants (PDAs). You will conduct quality control checks to verify that all forms are properly completed and make corrections as needed. You will prepare applicant packages and mail documents to appropriate offices for action. You will be responsible for the overall safety and security of the materials, personnel, and facilities in which the tests are being administered. This will entail proper safeguarding, storage, and use of materials in accordance with established regulations.
- 25% or Greater
- Test proctoring at various testing locations
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of general experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. General experience is defined as: Experience performing clerical or office work such as answering telephones, greeting visitors, and filing and operate office equipment.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of administering exams
- Skill with safeguarding exam material
- Ability with Customer Service
- Ability with written and oral communication
- Ability to use office automation
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the GS-03 grade (or equivalent).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below:
Must have two (2) full academic years of undergraduate education above the high school level.
Combinations of successfully completed education and specialized experience described above may be used to meet total qualification requirements at the GS-04 level.
NOTE: You must attach a copy of your transcripts for verification.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license to conduct test in remote locations or at schools.
- This position may require frequent travel and occasional Temporary Duty (TDY) that require driving or flying to various locations to administer tests.
- This position may require the incumbent to work unscheduled comp time to accommodate fluctuations in workload based on the daily mission requirements.
- This position may require the incumbent to conduct test sessions at remote sites, to include administration of high school tests at inner city, rural, and/or at risk schools with large populations.
- Further certification from this announcement may take place up to 90 days beyond the closing date of this announcement.
- Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Temporary Duty (TDY) travel is 50 percent.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/471835800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $35,224.00 to $44,027.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0303-04/04
Promotion Potential: 04
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Control Number: 471835800
Job Announcement Number: WTEU171133741972275