Land O' Lakes Western Region Sales Director-CPP (ID, CA, OR, WA, WY, UT, NV & AZ) in Oregon
Winfield United, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Land O'Lakes, offers top-performing seed and crop protection products. With unmatched agricultural expertise and performance as core company values, WinField United brands match leading seed and crop protection products to help growers, dealers and other industry partners achieve high levels of success.
The Regional Sales Director – Crop Protection (CPP) is responsible for achieving region contribution financial targets on the WinField-United crop protection business. The Crop Protection business will be defined as vended and proprietary HIF’s, adjuvants and all seed treatments. In addition, they will develop and implement sales strategy, providing leadership to the sales team, channel/distribution management, income contribution, budgeted cost management, and customer relationships/profitability as well as proactive leadership with other functional disciplines. Must have strong leadership skills which will influence the teams to work together cross-functionally.
Total Job Duty or Area of Responsibility:
- Strategy Execution: Responsible for leading execution of WinField-United Crop Protection Strategies Gain marketing’s support and necessary resources on top customers in your area of influence to deliver plan. Partners with marketing teams, to strategize and execute national marketing and Go-To-Market plans in a manner that best meets Region and customer goals around Crop Protection Products. Answer Plot coordination and delegation of respective logistics. Develop process and identify stakeholders to ensure a successful Answer Plot experience for growers and dealers.
- Leverage Talent: Builds and manages regional team of up to 10-15 sales members (Retail, Wholesale and Large Grower) Identifies staffing and market needs throughout the year Responsible for people development, identification of rotational opportunities, employee calibration and succession planning for the regional team Attracts, develops, manages and retains critical and diverse talent Provides coaching, feedback and support, and shares best practices, effectively and constructively enabling individuals to achieve high performance. Differentiates and recognizes outstanding performance and deals constructively with underperformance in a timely manner.
- Manage Channel: Manufacturer relationships at a region level. Ensure District Sales Managers, Crop Protection are aligned with channel partners to effectively drive growth and alignment with key owners. Manages distribution channels, conflict and appropriate resource allocation
- Owner/Customer: Develops and maintains key owner relationships at the top 20 largest, most influential customers Understands and owns customer profitability for Winfield –United Crop Protection business. Properly allocates resources, based on customer profitability Partner with ACT counterparts to ensure team alignment and buy-in of owner/customer business plans by entire Crop Protection team.
Business Management : Responsible for Key Performance Indicators: Regional expenses Sales and growth targets Gross Margin Strategic Imperatives Responsible for championing Winfield United cross-functional Agronomy and Product Development resources including Ag Technology Specialists, Agronomists, and Technical Seed Managers. Work collaboratively with Regional Sales Director counterparts (Seed and Plant Nutrition Products) to drive teamwork.
Job Scope: Achieve Region Revenue/Volume Targets on Vended WinField-United crop protection business Responsible for leading, coaching and managing District Sales Managers for the Crop Protection business unit Manage sales expense budget for assigned region Owns relationships at leadership level with top customers/owners from a Crop Protection perspective.
Experience and Education BS degree in agricultural related field (Economics, Education, Animal Science or Business) or 10 years of successful Ag sales experience required. Including a positive track record of growth in value added products, successful budget management and team development.
- Experience delivering customer-oriented solutions that drive positive results.
- Ability to deliver effective presentations, both written and oral, to a wide array of audiences Experience leading cross-functional teams that includes providing clear vision, direction and feedback Experience interacting with senior level executives (customer and internally).
Broad and in-depth understanding of cooperative operations with the potential to continue growing in this base of knowledge
Competencies & Other Skills: Strong leader, motivator and trusted coach Planning and Organizing: Develops realistic plans that align with company goals and plans for and manages resources to deliver plan. Mobilize Talent: Create a team environment where all team members are important and involved Delivers Results: Makes sound, fact based decisions with analytical rigor and are disciplined and cost conscious Strong general management skill set that includes analytical and strategic thinking Entrepreneurial focus that is complemented by proven selling/closing ability. High-impact influencing skills that will allow for effective cross-functional and cross-business leadership within Land O’Lakes and for the building of strong working relationships at various levels of the customer (from GM/CEO to department heads to functional leaders. Self-starter and goal directed with the proven ability to achieve results amidst a complex, often ambiguous work environment Ability to demonstrate integrity and courage and to take well-thought out risks
- Experience and Education 4 years’ sales people management experience within the agricultural industry (e.g., Seed, CPP, CN, Feed, Grain)
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in business or agricultural business (e.g., M.B.A.)
- Experience in all aspects of cooperative business portfolio (Energy, Grain, Ag Inputs)
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Primary Location: US-Minnesota-Arden Hills
Other Locations: US-Washington-Touchet, US-Washington-Seattle, US-California-Madera, US-Idaho-Nampa, US-Idaho-Boise, US-California-Bakersfield, US-California-Sacramento, US-Washington-Bellevue, US-Idaho-Twin Falls, US-Washington-Spokane, US-Oregon
Job Function: Sales
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Posting: Jun 19, 2017
Req ID: P-4566