Orchid Orthopedic Solutions Maintenance Mechanic in OregonCity, Oregon
The individual employed in this position must be able to fulfill all the requirements of this position, including requirements related to the company’s Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System Policies and procedures.Under direction, performs tasks related to the installation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of hand and power tools, engines and mechanical equipment to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate in accordance with established policies, practices and procedures.
- Tear down, overhaul and rebuild machine tools and equipment under limited supervision
- Troubleshoot failures and determine necessary repairs.
- Plan and perform moving, installation and alignment of equipment
- Use a wide variety of machine and hand tools to adjust and check parts for repair or replacement, including MIG and stick welding.
- Maintain and repair jib cranes, forklifts and other material moving devices.
- Perform facilities maintenance activities related to plumbing, carpentry, heating, structural etc.
- Perform preventive maintenance as per established schedule
- Maintain parts and service materials inventory
- Train or assist in training of personnel as directed by the department supervisor.
- Maintain required records.
- Move materials using hand truck, pallet jack, jib cranes, hoist, forklift and manually as necessary.
- Maintain work area, tools and equipment in a clean and organized condition.
- Detect and report faulty equipment, defective material and any unusual conditions to appropriate supervisor.
- Follow designated safety rules and regulations.
- Support lean manufacturing and EHS initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand manuals and schematics.
- Ability to use shop mathematics and complicated drawings, specifications, tables and various types of measuring instruments.
- 3 years
- Education equivalent to millwright occupation
- Work performed in manufacturing environment where exposure to a number of elements occurs.
- Work performed in awkward positions
- Respond to off-duty emergency related situations as required
- Lifting to 20# up to 66% of the time
- Lifting to 100# up to 33% of the time
- Repetitive grasping, fine manipulation and use of foot controls
- Use of PPE as required per JHA
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must adhere to Company Code of Conduct and Core Values Please send resume to: Meagan.Johnson@orchid-ortho.com
Location: Oregon City OR