Oregon Health & Science University Environmental Services Technician in Portland, Oregon
Work Schedule, Hours, FTE, Salary Range
- FTE: 1.0 Full Time
- Schedule: 3:30pm - 12:00am, Friday-Tuesday
- Salary Range: $15.00 - $17.84 per hour
- Location: Portland, OR (Marquam Hill)
- Job Type: Union Represented (AFSCME)
Functions/Duties of Position
The purpose of this position is to maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe environment for patients, visitors, and staff.
This position is responsible for reducing the risk of healthcare associated infections by cleaning and sanitizing the clinical environment, including patient rooms, surgical and procedure rooms, exam rooms, offices, restrooms, support spaces, and public areas. Duties include but are not limited to mopping, sweeping, vaccuuming, spot cleaning carpets, dusting, disposing of trash and bio-hazardous waste, and linen removal.
This position is also responsible for providing excellent customer service to patients, visitors, and staff.
This position supports the organization’s mission, vision, and values by adhering to the behavioral standards and core competencies of OHSU. Effective communication skills and ability to work effectively with people from various backgrounds are critical.
- Must demonstrate a stable work history
- Able to communicate in English
- Must demonstrate regular attendance
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Serve as a positive and professional role model
- Must maintain core competencies and demonstrate continuous application of these skills throughout the period of employment
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- Busy environment with lots of interruptions, multiple demands, and people interactions
- Must demonstrate regular attendance by coming to work on scheduled working days
- Must be able to work independently and get along with all staff, visitors, and patients
- Requires a high level of physical activity
- Must be reasonably strong and agile, able to bend, stoop, climb, walk, and do light lifting up to 35 lbs
- Must be able to work at a rapid pace
- A great deal of the day is spent on your feet
- Some custodial, housekeeping, or environmental services experience preferred including some floor care experience
This _is_a drug testable position.
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
Job Title: Environmental Services Technician
Department: Environmental Services
Location: OHS 230
Drug Testable: No