Marriott Franchised Banquet Chef in Portland, Oregon
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International s franchisees.
Please apply online at: http://sagehospitality.jobs/portland-or/banquet-chef/3A19F521781D453496D75C22DC3E281B/job/
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Sage Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Nines is set to hire a Banquet Chef who is passionate to work at the most exclusive hotel in Portland! Poised in the heart of the city center at the top of one of Portland's most beloved landmarks, the stately Meier & Frank Building, the Nines Luxury Collection Portland Hotel honors the structure's storied past, both in its striking decor and impeccable service. Individualistic design traits celebrate the surroundings of one of finest LEED Silver-certified hotels in Portland, providing the opportunity to truly experience the region's unique character.
the Nines Hotel is certified Gold for Sustainability at Work in addition to being recognized in 2016 as Top Workplaces in Oregon. As part of the Sage Restaurant Group, we focus on providing a luxurious experience catered to the needs of each specific event. We connect with the people that live and work in the communities we serve by providing highly designed, innovative, locally-focused food and beverage experiences. Surrounded by farms, forests and the ocean, Portland is one of America booming food cities with year round Farmers Markets and artisans creating and making some of the most delicious goods in America. It's a chefs playground.
The Banquet Chef will oversee the culinary operations of 15k plus sq. feet of banquet space at the Nines Hotel as well as partnering with the Urban Farmer and Departure concepts that includes a 3-meal a day restaurant, bar, room delivery, and catering.
Your success will be measured by your ability to:
- Cook amazing, delicious food
- Achieve both revenue and profit budgets
- Develop internal talent into next Sage Restaurant Group leaders
- The ideal candidate has a track record of successful in a high-volume catering/banquet environment, strong business and financial acumen, positive attitude, and ideally delivered successful results in an upscale independent restaurant environment.
- Plan and manage the banquet kitchen staff in the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food for the banquet department in a safe, sanitary work environment which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable, competitive, quality products.
- Requires thorough knowledge of the catering and food profession in order to perform non-repetitive analytical work.
- Requires knowledge of policies and procedures and the ability to determine course of action based on these guidelines. Requires supervision/management skills. Requires oral and written communication skills.
- Must have moderate hearing -to hear equipment timers and communicate with other staff.
- Must have excellent vision to see that product is prepared appropriately.
- Must have moderate speech communication skills to be able to communicate with staff. Must have moderate comprehension and literacy to read and understand all BEO's.
- One or two years of post-high school education
- Experience required by position is from two to three full years of full employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: The Luxury Collection
Requisition ID: 170014MS