Oregon Health & Science University Graduate Teaching Assistant in Portland, Oregon
Work Unit Description
Position will meet with students and tutor for specific courses.
Work Schedule, Hours, FTE, Salary Range
- FTE: 0; 5 hours a week
- Schedule: To Be Determined
- Salary Range: $20 per hour
- Location: Portland, OR (Marquam Hill)
- Job Type: Student
Functions/Duties of Position
The duties of this position includes:
- Assist in development of writing support materials related to writing support and tutoring.
- One on one and small group tutoring for specific writing assignments.
- Enrollment in a university taking 4.5 graduate courses
- Experience with course content
- Basic computer skills
- Must read, speak and understand the English language, attention to detail a must
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of course
- Demonstrated academic excellence in courses you will be tutoring
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Graduate Teaching Assistant
Department: School of Nursing - Student Affairs
Location: SON 0337A
Drug Testable: No