Oregon Health & Science University HRIS Analyst in Portland, Oregon
Work Schedule, Hours, FTE, Salary Range
- FTE: 1.0, Full Time
- Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Salary Range: $53,831 - $80,634
- Location: Portland, OR
- Job Type: Unclassified
Functions/Duties of Position
The HRIS Analyst participates, and at times will lead, efforts related to HR systems maintenance and improvements. This includes responsibilities related to HR system design and analysis, development of technical specifications, testing procedures, testing & approving final implementation of technical fixes, support documentation and communication. In addition, this position has program management responsibility for core HR applications and hosted systems/applications as assigned.
This position will work with appropriate HR staff in product development, defect/enhancement tracking and other routine or ad-hoc reporting/product needs. In this capacity, the HRIS analyst will provide guidance, consultation and technical direction to and will work closely with HR and other staff functions.
The overall objective for this position is to ensure optimal use of OHSU’s HR applications both from an efficiency and value standpoint, as well as from the user’s perspective.
- Associates degree or certificate; OR A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or Management.
- Preferred: Bachelors in Computer Science or related field.
- Two years of experiences as an HR Specialist maintaining HR data (or related experience).
- Three years of Human Resources experience that demonstrates understanding of the administrative systems, processes and provided the opportunity for extensive use and knowledge of electronic records processing.
- Preferred: Project management experience, experience writing and executing system test plan scripts.
Job Related Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage small projects from concept to implementation.Can take a set of requirements to define and scope a project, develop a plan, implement the plan and then bring closure to the project through a review.
- Ability to map process.Can take an HR process, map it and then understand how it will be data entered into the Oracle system.
- Ability to use current enterprise Business Intelligence tools and SQL to write queries and extract data.
- Knowledge of the HR Oracle system including all the forms, fields and field dependency used in that data entry process.
- Attention to detail and ability to complete multiple tasks within inflexible and rapidly changing deadlines.
- Good organization, follow through and time management skills; ability to prioritize.
- Create quality working relationships with staff at all levels of the organization, using good judgment in recognizing the scope of authority.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues and individuals inside and outside OHSU.
- Works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues and individuals inside and outside OHSU. Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments. Willing to work overtime as necessary depending on volume of work.
- Intermediate to expert level experience with Excel
- Intermediate level experience with report writing using business intelligence applications (e.g. Cognos, Business Objects, etc.)
- SQL/Database experience (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: HRIS Analyst
Department: Human Resources
Location: MP 110
Drug Testable: No