Daimler Trucks North America Intern- International Advanced Engineering in Portland, Oregon
Innovative products begin with talented, highly motivated individuals. Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA), the largest and most diverse company in the North American commercial vehicle market, invites you to join our dynamic, industry-leading workforce. Our world-class portfolio of brands, including Freightliner trucks, Western Star trucks, Detroit™ engines and components, Thomas Built Buses, and Freightliner Custom Chassis, offers the unique opportunity to follow your passion for automotives in business or technical fields at locations across North America. And when you work for a Daimler company, you join a global network of over 250,000 dedicated employees on 6 continents who share your passion. Apply today and explore the world of Daimler!
This internship is focused on developing the next truck technologies that will further consolidate the technological advantage of DTNA products in the NAFTA market. The main focus will be on new advanced topics in the area of driver orientation and connectivity between on-highway vehicles.
- Assist with design development, proof of concepts and creating user experiences
- Flexibility in moving from an idea on a whiteboard to a creative execution
- Design and deliver wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes optimized for mobile devices used in commercial vehicles
- Interface with development teams in Stuttgart and Portland
Work responsibly with moderate supervision and a sense of ownership
Minimum Junior level in a Bachelors Program or higher (or have graduated within the last 12 months) required
- GPA of 3.5 or higher required
- An attached resume is required
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Mobile Media or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office required
- Availability from September to February
- Knowledge of Android Studio and MQTT
- Knowledge of Android SDK/APIs
- Knowledge of GIT
- Good communication (verbally and written) in English and German
- Able to communicate UI/UX designs concepts, develop storyboarding
- Exposure (experience preferred) to Agile development
- Knowledge of Photoshop or equivalent
- Knowledge of storyboarding in the software design process preferred - understand user experience and be able to innovate with internal and external new concepts and ideas
- Open to meet and collect feedback from commercial vehicle drivers regarding proposed technical solutions/implementations
*J-1 Visa sponsorship available. Cost not included.
Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
*J-1 Visa Sponsorship available. Cost not included.
Title: Intern- International Advanced Engineering
Requisition ID: DAI00002HI