Daimler Trucks North America Intern - Mechatronics in Portland, Oregon
Innovative products begin with talented, highly motivated individuals. Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA), the largest and most diverse company in the North American commercial vehicle market, invites you to join our dynamic, industry-leading workforce. Our world-class portfolio of brands, including Freightliner trucks, Western Star trucks, Detroit™ engines and components, Thomas Built Buses, and Freightliner Custom Chassis, offers the unique opportunity to follow your passion for automotives in business or technical fields at locations across North America. And when you work for a Daimler company, you join a global network of over 250,000 dedicated employees on 6 continents who share your passion. Apply today and explore the world of Daimler!
This Mechatronics internship will allow the candidate to work in a dynamic, cross functional group of engineers to develop new features for our vehicles.
- Working with engineers on researching the latest advancements in powertrain systems.
- Design specification creation.
- Feature development for third party power train systems, engines, transmissions and power take off components.
- Verifying and integrating systems on test benches.
- Coordinating data with our hardware in the loop laboratory.
Working with functional vehicles to assess design performance and iterate designs until product requirements are satisfied.
Minimum Junior level in a Bachelors Program or higher (or have graduated within the last 12 months) required
- GPA of 3.0 or higher required
- An attached resume is required
- Pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related required
- Strong communication skills required
- Ability to work in a team environment required
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems required
- Availability from July to September required
- Technical documentation preferred
- Controls theory preferred
Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Title: Intern - Mechatronics
Requisition ID: DAI00002HM