Oregon Health & Science University Laborer 1 in Portland, Oregon
Work Schedule, Hours, FTE, Salary Range
- FTE: 1.0, Full Time
- Schedule: Monday - Friday, 9:30am - 6:00pm
- Salary range: $15.16 - 16.25 per hour
- Location: Beaverton, OR (West Campus)
- Job Type: AFSCME
Functions/Duties of Position
The Laborer 1 position is responsible for operating vehicle(s) to transport passengers between the Max Light Rail station and the West Campus. Performs various related duties in support of technicians performing Facilities Maintenance work at the ONPRC. Related duties include, but are not limited to such things as box moves, furniture relocation, hanging pictures, shelves and cabinets, making parts runs and deliveries, assisting with small property landscaping projects, custodial support, etc.
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid Driver's License, acceptable driving record, and passing Enterprise-Rent-a-Car's driver background check and must be at least 25 years of age
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact positively, in both written and oral formats, in a small group setting and one-on-one with scientific and administrative staff
- Organizational skills and careful attention to details to satisfactorily perform job duties
- Knowledge of spoken and written English at the high school graduate level
- Ability to read and follow oral and written instructions
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and reliably with minimum supervision
- Ability to multi-task (organizational and problem solving skills that demonstrate ability to be self-directed and manage multiple tasks simultaneously)
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- Demonstrated ability in mathematics, and possibly computer software, to perform data entry/support duties
Apply here online. Please be sure to upload a Cover Letter, Resume and References.
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Laborer 1
Department: Oregon National Primate Research Center (ONPRC)
Drug Testable: Yes