Oregon Health & Science University LPN- Women's and Children's Outreach- Springfield Oregon in Portland, Oregon
Work Unit Description
Work Schedule, Hours, FTE, Salary Range
- FTE: 0.7, Part Time
- Schedule: The work schedule will be weekdays only and days of the week will vary (1-3 months’ notice given to employee). Work hours will be between 7:30-5:30pm and may vary +/- 30 minutes depending on clinic schedules
- Salary Range: $19.51- $26.38 per hour
- Location: Springfield, Oregon
- Job Type: Union Represented (AFSCME)
Functions/Duties of Position
The LPN works to facilitate patient flow through the OHSU Doernbecher Pediatric Specialty Clinic, Eugene, and ensure an accurate and complete medical record for each patient. The LPN assists the medical provider by accompanying them during the medical history-taking and exam, recording details of both into the medical record, and coordinating departmental resources regarding tests, orders, radiology and results.
- Under the direction and supervision of a Licensed Medical Professional or M.D., and in accordance with OHSU policies and procedures, the LPN provides basic care as a member of the patient care team.
- Patient care activities are related to rooming, measuring, recording, and reporting patient information and performing simple treatments and procedures.
- The LPN recognizes and addresses age-appropriate needs when caring for patients. In addition, the LPN assists with checking-in patients, maintaining the practice environment in a clean, orderly condition including cleaning, and stocking rooms.
- Participates in ongoing professional development and competency assessment, and participates in ongoing quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives.
- Performs requirements for Staff Members as outlined in Compliance Roles and Responsibilities in OHSU Hospitals and Clinics.
This position performs in a manner which maintains the confidentiality and privacy of each patient, promotes positive health habits through appearance and attitude. The LPN supports and adheres to the Code of Conduct and Policies and Procedures of both OHSU hospital and clinics and the Department of Pediatrics, models ethical and appropriate behavior, professional standards, compliance and personal integrity.
This position provides care to pediatric populations with broad spectrum of pediatric specialty care needs. The clinicians of the OHSU Doernbecher Pediatric Specialty Clinic, Eugene, provides age appropriate care to the age groups indicated: Infants (0-1 yr), Toddlers (1-4 yrs), Preschoolers (4-6 yrs), School-age (6-12 yrs), and Adolescents (12-22 yrs) and older, if necessary. As a member of the health care team, the LPN assists providers in caring for patients with acute and chronic health conditions and provides this care consistent with the OHSU and departmental policies and procedures.
- Completion of High School or GED
- Successful completion of a licensed practical nurse program
- Previous ambulatory or inpatient experience assisting physicians with direct patient care (LPN internships count)
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and handle a high volume of interactions (phones, patients, etc.)
- Self-driven and able to perform duties independently, or in team environment
- Ability to communicate clearly with proper grammar and spelling, follow oral and written instructions, and work effectively with diverse patient/family interactions
- Basic computer skills including proficiency with MS Office, the ability to send/receive email, navigate information technology associated with the position, and use Electronic Health Record information and tools
- Ability to recognize and communicate problems promptly; skilled at conflict resolution
- Demonstrated computer proficiency
- Ability to work in an environment that carries risk of exposure to human tissue or fluids and radiation
- Proven track record of attendance, punctuality, and successful performance at past and present employers
- Training for this position will require extensive time in Portland for approximately 4-6 weeks and additional training in Portland (or Eugene) may be required based on the needs of the clinic
- All travel expenses paid by OHSU
- Able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- Bachelor's degree
- 1+ years of LPN experience in a pediatric setting
- Epic Electronic Medical Record experience
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Previous staff supervisor or leadership position
- Oracle or Logistics ordering experience
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
Job Title: LPN- Women's and Children's Outreach- Springfield Oregon
Department: Women's and Children's Outreach Operations
Location: DCH 10650
Drug Testable: Yes