Precision Castparts Corp. Mechanical Engineer (Level III) - LPC-T/879 in Portland, Oregon
Incumbent plans and conducts research and/or development of products, processes, plans and procedures. Designs methods to improve efficiency in production, reduce process variability and assure compliance with approved methods and quality standards exercising discretion and independent judgment in the evaluation of possible courses of conduct and acting or making decisions after the various possibilities have been considered.
Based on their independent judgment and within the scope of their engineering expertise, incumbent is vested with the authority to stop the manufacturing process.
Effective decisions will typically result in successful part programs and considerable financial benefit to the company.
May supervise other engineers and/or technicians on an ongoing basis or as needed for the term of assigned projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the specification, and design of equipment for the manufacturing facility.
- Manager procurement of equipment for production needs.
- Direct installation of equipment and processes in the manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for budgets and keeping projects on budget.
- Provide after-installation equipment support and improvement.
- Oversee general construction projects.
- Familiarity with CAD.
- Interface smoothly with other departments to develop joint plans for resolving parts problems.
- Work directly with multiple teams to successfully achieve varied goals.
- Using math and statistical information to prove and model plans.
- Work closely with and favorably represent PCC with customers and suppliers.
- Developing and adhering to, with any troubleshooting necessary, project timetables.
- Logical and analytic approach to problem solving.
- Requires BS degree in Engineering Science with 3-5 years experience in Supplier Quality Control, Quality Engineering, OR equivalent experience. Technical degree preferred
- Broad general knowledge of materials science engineering manufacturing processes and investment casting technology.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in engineering principles and disciplines; employed manufacturing processes, technical report and article preparation, specification preparation; ability to define, plan and complete major projects, ability to supervise/ direct/ coordinate activities of professionals with diverse expertise.
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written. Capable of interacting with various levels of the organization. Must demonstrate a high degree of objectivity and integrity in the evaluation of people and problems.
- Must be able to work well with the hourly work force to understand first the request or idea from the operators. Then be able to translate that request into meaningful fixture and tooling improvements that help the operators. It is important the operators feel that the project has been successfully completed
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 503-652-3512 for assistance. PCC Structurals is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor committed to providing priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please visit www.eeoc.gov
Requisition ID: PCC-US.9826