Oregon Health & Science University Performance Improvement Consultant in Portland, Oregon
Work Unit Description
Marquam Hill Campus. Normal office environment.
Work Schedule, Hours, FTE, Salary Range
- FTE: 1.0, Full Time
- Schedule: Generally follows M-F 0800-1700 work week with variability depending on clinical Department and project needs.
- Salary Range: $78,832.26-$118,247.74
- Location: Marquam Hill (Portland, OR)
- Job Type: Union Represented (AFSCME)
Functions/Duties of Position
The Performance Consultant assists with the implementation of OHSU’s Strategic and Organizational Performance Improvement Plans and Quality Plan through project work, facilitation, consultation, coaching, education and reporting. Functions as a change agent utilizing performance improvement methodologies in vital improvement initiatives that reduce operational and clinical risk and improve efficiency and effectiveness in operations and clinical activities related to the healthcare system identified by OHSU Leadership. These performance initiatives may extend beyond hospitals and clinics to university-wide initiatives.
Facilitation/Project Management. Designs and leads improvement initiatives commissioned by OHSU Leadership using performance improvement methodologies grounded in Lean. Manages Performance Improvement projects and facilitates Kaizen events.
Consultation/Coaching. Serves as an expert consultant and advisor in performance improvement methodologies.
Provides Lean/Performance Improvement training to staff and clinicians.
- Bachelor's Degree in healthcare, science, business, engineering, or statistics. Evidence of relevant continuing education in the area of performance improvement and project management.
- 5 years of experience in performance improvement.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification and/or Lean Certification required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 2 years in a healthcare setting preferred
- Previous work as a Project Manager and formal experience in training and coaching preferred.
- Sigma Master Black Belt or other Training/Coaching certification preferred.
- Change Management certification preferred
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
Job Title: Performance Improvement Consultant
Department: Quality Management
Location: MBS 01012
Drug Testable: No