Air National Guard Units (Title 32) POWERED SUPPORT SYSTEMS MECHANIC SUPERVISOR in Portland, Oregon
OREGON AIR NATIONAL GUARD * STATEWIDE TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT*
For more information on the Oregon National Guard please visit:
Oregon Military Department
OREGON NATIONAL GUARD CORE VALUES: Character, Confidence, Courage, Commitment (CCCC)
OREGON NATIONAL GUARD VISION: Oregon National Guard will provide the citizens of the State of Oregon and the United States with the ready force of citizen soldiers and airman, equipped and trained to respond to any contingency natural or manmade. When we are needed, we are there.
POWERED SUPPORT SYSTEMS MECHANIC SUPERVISOR 142 FW Portland, OR United States 1 vacancy
Appointment Type: Excepted Service Permanent Official Position Description #: D0795000 Series/Grade: WS-5378-10/10 Salary Range: $33.37-$38.92 Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance Candidates must have a valid state driver's license PCS is not Authorized
MEMBERSHIP IN THE NATIONAL GUARD IS REQUIRED: This is an Excepted Service position that requires membership in the Oregon National Guard as a condition of employment. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an Excepted Service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Unit of military assignment is any supporting unit of 142 FW. Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program. Acceptance of a permanent or indefinite position with the Oregon National Guard will cause termination from any Guard Recruitment Bonus or Guard paid student loan. A law enforcement background check may be required prior to appointment to this position. By submitting a resume or application for this position, you authorize this agency to accomplish the check. This is a dual-status position and membership in the Oregon National Guard is required. By submitting this application you are affirming to the validity of the information you have provided.
AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: 1st Area: Current permanent full time support personnel of the Oregon Air National Guard (ANG) 2nd Area: All members of the Oregon Air National Guard (ANG) Application materials must be received in our office by Thursday, June 29, 2017. Failure to provide complete information may result in your not receiving consideration for this position. Please refer to the Qualifications and Evaluations section to understand the qualification requirements, and How To Apply Section for detailed instruction on applying.
INTRODUCTORY: The purpose of this position is to supervise workers, either directly or through one or more subordinate leaders and/or supervisors, in accomplishing the operations of a distinct organizational unit and to perform associated nonsupervisory work. The occupation and nonsupervisory grade level which best reflects the nature of the overall work operations supervised is Powered Support Systems Mechanic, WG-5378-10.
MAJOR DUTIES: (1) Planning. Plans weekly or monthly work schedules and sequence of operations. Establishes deadlines and priorities based on established general schedules, methods and policies. Determines skills, materials and equipment required to do the work. Participates in the initial planning of current and future work schedules and development of budget requests. Provides workload data, estimates, information on staffing needs, and recommendations as the scheduling of projected work.
(2) Work Direction. Assigns tasks to be performed. Explains work requirements, methods, and procedures. Instructs subordinates on new procedures or methods and provides assistance on difficult or new problem areas. Reviews work in progress or on completion. Makes adjustments as necessary to effectively and economically accomplish the work. Notes and investigates work related problems and independently implements corrective actions which can be taken without affecting work operations controlled by other supervisors. Assures that equipment and materiel is available when needed. Coordinates work with other units.
(3) Administration. Recommends and participates in the selection of personnel to fill vacancies. Schedules and approves leave of subordinates. Sets performance requirements and makes formal and informal performance appraisals. Determines training needs of subordinates and arranges for its accomplishment. Counsels employees on problems. Adjusts informal complaints through discussions with employees and union representatives. Takes informal corrective action on conduct or performance problems. Initiates proposals for disciplinary action where needed. Works to achieve the objectives of Government-wide programs and policies, e.g., equal employment opportunity and labor management relations. Promotes the participation of subordinates in programs such as the suggestion program, cost reduction program, etc. Ensures that regulations governing safety and housekeeping are observed. Maintains production reports and records. Periodically reviews position descriptions of subordinates for currency and accuracy. Initiates the detailing of subordinates to positions other than their own. Initiates or participates in review and improvement of work methods, organizational features, and the structuring of positions to eliminate unnecessary positions and achieve optimum content in those remaining.
(4) Performs the nonsupervisory work of the function as needed.
(5) Implements safety regulatory requirements. Ensures that subordinates wear appropriate safety equipment and follow pertinent safety precautions.
(6) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises. May be required to perform such additional duties as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heavy equipment operation, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or to serve as a team member on boards to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
(7) Performs other duties as assigned.
- Occasional Travel
- For job training and organization mission requirements.
- Must maintain membership in the ORANG as a condition of employment.
- You must be assigned to a compatible unit and military duty position.
- Min rank is MSgt/E-7 (promotable to SMSgt); Max Rank is SMSgt/E-8.
- Announcement open to Enlisted members only.
- AFSC: 2A3X3, 2A6X2, 2A7X1
- Applicants who do not possess compatible AFSC(s), will still be considered
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Work involves the maintenance and repair of powered ground and similar support equipment used for aircraft ground servicing; missile, aircraft, air control, and radar installations powered support; field combat support; engineering and construction project support; and general utilities, including standby and emergency power generating systems. Experience or training which demonstrates that the candidate has the ability to organize assignments for subordinates, estimate material and manpower needed for specific jobs; able to explain manuals and work procedures; and to prepare production records, work records and reports.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants applying at the WS-10 level must have 36 months of general and specialized experience or training removing, adjusting, replacing, cleaning, and installing parts, components, and accessories. Experience which provided working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic theory applying to powered support equipment and systems; and skill to replace, fit, install, and make adjustments. Experience which provided working knowledge of the makeup and operation of the various individual systems maintained and their interrelationships. Experience reading and interpreting parts lists, manufactures' repair manuals, diagrams, and electrical schematics. Must also have experience which demonstrates the ability to plan, direct, and organize work assignments for lower grade personnel. Experience which required the review of work requirements and establish priorities to meet deadlines. Experience that provided knowledge of various lines of work performed by this function. Experience which demonstrates the ability to supervise or the potential to perform such duties as evidenced by the ability to communicate knowledge of general supervisory concepts, and knowledge of shop processes. Experience in adapting existing equipment and techniques to new situations.
Education Requirements: None to list for this position.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience: None to list for this position.
SUPPLEMENTAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
If any supplemental documentation for education or certifications are required it will be listed here.
If the position requires a driver's license, applicant will be expected to obtain and maintain a satisfactory State of Oregon Driver's License. Driver's licenses from other states will be accepted pending they are recognized by the State of Oregon DMV and adhere to National Guard Technician Personnel Regulations.
If position requires security clearance. Individuals must currently possess or obtain and maintain a satisfactory Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance in accordance with position requirements.
Applicants are subject to Police Record Check. Applicants can pre-emptively fill out the PDF form below at the link. http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/forms/forminfo/forminfopage84.html On the Police Records Check Form DD-369 please fill out sections 2 through 9, sign block 11, and leave line 10 blank. Once complete please upload along with application packet.
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified of your rating and/or referral to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees! The following Web address provides a reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees. Some of these are but not limited to: Flexible Spending Accounts,*Health Insurance,Leave,Life Insurance,Long Term Care Insurance, andRetirement Program.* http://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/healthcare/
For Any Questions or Concerns in regards to this announcement, please contact the following personnel at the Oregon Military Department:
SSG Velasquez, Pedro Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment/Placement/Compensation) Oregon Military Department JFHQ-Human Resources Office Salem, OR 97301 Business Number: (503)584-3926; DSN: 355-3926 Business E-Mail: email@example.com
SSG Chitwood, Edward D. Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment/Placement/Compensation) Oregon Military Department JFHQ-Human Resources Office Salem, OR 97301 Business Contact: (503)584-3841; DSN: 355-3841 Business E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/468034100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $33.37 to $38.92 / Per Hour
Series & Grade: WS-5378-10/10
Supervisory Status: Yes
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified applicants in the 1st and 2nd Areas of Consideration.
Control Number: 468034100
Job Announcement Number: ORAF17-397 793719