ServerLogic QA Engineer in Portland, Oregon
- Oversee QA testing scheduling, planning, status reporting and defect tracking for a given project/application.
- Define the scope of testing needed for applications and create required documentation. Generate time and cost estimates.
- Coordinate and/or direct other QA resources in testing efforts on a single project or application. Perform QA testing including regression, system, white/black box testing in large systems environments using n-tier architecture.
- Actively participate in Automation framework development and maintenance.
- Perform software reviews, process reviews, software migration execution reviews, and testing of tools development (automated test scripts) as needed.
- Participate in the review and analysis of business requirements, functional specification and design documents.
- Support business users during the execution of user acceptance testing.
- Collaborate in the definition and implementation of QA testing methodologies in all application areas. Collaborate in the definition and gathering of testing metrics.
- Working with the team to understand the requirements.
- Providing estimation for his/her work.
- Writing and articulating good quality test cases.
- Collaborating with the team as needed to ensure good test coverage.
- Raising risks comfortably.
- Testing and entering clear defects and triaging them.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, MIS, or technical area generally required. Will accept any combination of education, training and experience.
- Deep experience with black/white box testing large systems environments using EDI driven applications preferred.
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and QA testing methodologies, concepts, processes and documentation.
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities.
- Ability to learn and understand functionality of multiple logistics-related systems.
- Excellent communication and writing skills and a collaborative mindset to work effectively in a dynamic Agile team environment.
- Required systems knowledge includes Oracle, PL/SQL/AngularJS, Restufl API, TiBCO Messaging.
- Expert Automation tools knowledge including Selenium/Java/WebDriver, CA Dev/test.
- Exposure to HP UFT, HP Loadrunner/Performance Center.
- Ability to perform on-call duties on a rotational basis as needed.
- 7 years of testing experience at a big enterprise application environment preferred.
Job Code: #4833
Title: QA Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Portland Oregon
Job #4833: QA Analyst / Engineer