Oregon Health & Science University Radiologic Technologist Hospital - Day Shift in Portland, Oregon
Work Unit Description
The Department of Diagnostic Imaging Services is committed to provide patients with the highest quality in patient care. We offer a wide spectrum of diagnostic and therapeutic services in an efficient, professional, and timely manner.
Work Schedule, Hours, FTE, Salary Range
- FTE: 1.0, Full Time
- Schedule: Monday - Friday, 800AM-4:30 PM, with overtime as needed
- Salary Range: $29.24 - $40.14 per hour
- Location: Portland, OR (Marquam Hill)
- Job Type: Union Represented (AFSCME)
Functions/Duties of Position
The function of the Radiologic Technologist position within the Department of Diagnostic Imaging is to perform all phases of technical diagnostic imaging. Radiologic Technologists operate X-Ray equipment used to capture and develop images for the purpose of medical diagnosis. The Radiologic technologist promotes OHSU’s mission statement by delivering high quality, cost effective, family-oriented service. This position helps to create a collaborative environment by integrating education, research and clinical leadership. Radiologic Technologists work with infant, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
- Education: Graduate of an approved training program in Radiologic Technology.
- Job Related Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Competencies): Must have demonstrated skills in the following areas: Performing diagnostic imaging studies, Radiation safety,Effective use of equipment, Record maintenance, Infection control, Quality control, Compliance, Patient Communication, Contrast media, problem solving, judgment, teamwork and taking initiative.
- Registrations, Certifications, and/or Licenses: Must be OBMI licensed. Must be ARRT-eligible upon hire and ARRT-registered within six months of hire date. Must have current approved BLS card.
- Compliance: Code of Conduct, Respect in the workplace, Applicable policies, procedures and agreements related to position, department or OHSU as a whole
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without accommodation.
- Experience: 1 year experience radiologic examinations in a Level 1 Trauma Academic Medical Center
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
Job Title: Radiologic Technologist Hospital - Day Shift
Department: Diagnostic Imaging Services
Location: OHS 10C07
Drug Testable: Yes