Oregon Health & Science University Research Assistant 1 in Portland, Oregon
Work Schedule, Hours, FTE, Salary Range
- FTE: 0.62 FTE
- Schedule: Saturday, Sunday and one or two other weekdays. Hours are approximately 8:00am - 1:00pm and may include occasional early morning work as needed.
- Salary Range: $14.00 per hour
- Location: Beaverton, OR (West Campus)
- Job Type: Temporary Research
Functions/Duties of Position
The Research Assistant 1 will provide support for ongoing studies involving behavioral protocols using non-human primate subjects in the Division of Neuroscience at the Oregon National Primate Research Center. Responsibilities will include day to day animal husbandry, data collection and keeping accurate records obtained during research. This position involves weekend coverage and working in conjunction with a laboratory team.
- Bachelor’s Degree (4 yr)/No Experience, OR AA (2 yr) and 2 years of relevant experience, OR No degree and 4 years of relevant experience
- Must think strategically and work accordingly producing effective results and working efficiently within the time constraints of the position
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral formats
- Ability to work independently and in small group settings
- Ability to interact in a positive and productive manner and to work efficiently and skillfully with a variety of diverse staff
- Ability to prioritize work demands and coordinate research protocols with other staff
- Organizational skills and careful attention to details to satisfactorily complete and perform job duties
- Able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- Major course work in neuroscience, psychology, pharmacology or behavioral sciences
- 6 months of research experience with non-human primates
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Research Assistant 1
Department: Oregon National Primate Research Center (ONPRC)
Drug Testable: Yes