Oregon Health & Science University Research Assistant 1 in Portland, Oregon
Work Unit Description
This position is in Parkinson Center of Oregon and Movement Disorders Program.
Work Schedule, Hours, FTE, Salary Range
Schedule: Standard work hours, M-F
Pay Rate: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
Location: Portland, OR (Marquam Hill Campus)
Job Type: Research
Functions/Duties of Position
Study Coordination: Recruitment of study subjects; coordinated scheduling of study visits; completion of study procedures and tests per protocol; coordination of hospital services as required by study protocol, and timely, accurate completion of all required case report forms. Effective written / electronic and verbal communication with study subjects, sponsor, contract research organization representatives, investigator and the OHSU Institutional Review Board (IRB). Preparation for and coordination of monitoring visits by contract research organization and federal agency representatives.
Assistance with regulatory management of clinical trials: Preparation, submission and ongoing follow-up of regulatory documents to the Institutional Review Board. Documents include initial submission and annual reviews (Preliminary Project Questionnaire, Initial Review Questionnaire, Study Protocol, Informed Consent Form and Continuing Review Questionnaire); protocol modifications; and adverse event reports.
Organization of study materials: Ongoing maintenance of all study material, documents, and regulatory documents in compliance with Good Clinical Practice guidelines.
*Education & communication: * Participation in monthly clinical trials coordinator meetings; monitoring of changes to university and industry standards for clinical trials compliance.
- Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree and 2 years of relevant experience, or no degree and 4 years of relevant experience
- Extremely well-organized and demonstrate a high level of attention to detail to ensure accuracy of documentation and integrity of data
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and enjoy working with a team
- Ability to work independently while being effective and efficient
- Clinical trial and regulatory experience preferred as well as familiarity with the procedures of the OHSU Institutional Review Board
- Documented previous patient contact and regulatory knowledge
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
Job Title: Research Assistant 1
Location: SJH 2246
Drug Testable: No