Oregon Health & Science University Research Assistant 2 in Portland, Oregon
Work Unit Description
Will work in the Center for Preventive Cardiology within the Knight Cardiovascular Institute. Lab location is in Hatfield Research Center building
Work Schedule, Hours, FTE, Salary Range
FTE: 1.0, full-time
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm, additional after hours as needed for research experiments and meetings.
Salary Range: $32,000 - 40,000 dependent on experience.
Location: Marquam Hill, Portland, OR
Job Type: Research
Functions/Duties of Position
The key responsibilities and duties include: Working under the direct supervision of the principal investigator, the Research Scientist/ 2 will assist in extramurally funded research with a focus on the structural and translational studies of the role lipoproteins in metabolic disease. The candidate will be expected to perform meticulous laboratory procedures involving mouse and human samples.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR associate's degree and 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience with mass spectrometry: sample preparation and method development for quantitative measurements
- Experience with tissue culture/sterile technique and general molecular methods
- Proficiency with desktop computers and large data set analysis including spreadsheet, statistical, and graphical software
- Strong organizational and communication skills; ability to manage diverse tasks
- Flexibility in work hours, and a commitment to excellence
- Must be comfortable working with human specimens
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of one year experience
- Experience with proteomics techniques such as tryptic digest, and developing and running analytic mass spectrometry methods.
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
Job Title: Research Assistant 2
Department: Knight Cardiovascular Institute
Location: MNP 5316
Drug Testable: No