Oregon Health & Science University Room Service Associate in Portland, Oregon
Work Unit Description
Patient Food Service - Food and Nutrition Department
Patient Food Service provides meals, snacks, supplements to all inpatients using the room service style of ordering and meal delivery.
Work Schedule, Hours, FTE, Salary Range
- FTE: 0, Relief
- Schedule: Monday- Sunday with varied days off. 2:30 pm -10:00 pm
- Salary: $15.18-20.23
- Location: Marquam Hill (Portland, OR)
- Type: Union Represented (AFSCME)
Functions/Duties of Position
The Room Service Associate is part of the multi-disciplinary team providing food and nutritional care to OHSU patients. They assist the patients, patient’s families and friends, nursing staff, and other OHSU personnel to assure the safe and timely delivery of the meal service in a confidential and comfortable environment.
- 1 year hospitality experience
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English
- Ability to learn new computer applications and programs quickly and accurately
- Ability to keep abreast of new equipment and advances in technology
- Must have detailed and accurate math skills to convert weights and measures for patient food intakes without a calculator
- Must have critical thinking skills to appropriately diagnose and respond to service recovery opportunities
- High school/GED
- Good communication skills
- Food Handler Card
- 1 year hospitality experience in healthcare
- ServeSaf certification
- Continuous moving about work area; lifting; lifting/pushing overhead; lifting and carrying items up to 25 pounds; continuous walking and standing, frequent bending forward, stooping, reaching overhead, and pushing/pulling carts; clear and audible speaking voice and correctable vision to size 12 type; ability to hear normal speech level.
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
Job Title: Room Service Associate
Department: Patient Food Service
Location: OHS 3A15
Drug Testable: Yes