Columbia Sportswear Company Sales Compensation and Training Administrator in Portland, Oregon
Sales Compensation and Training Administrator
United States, Oregon, Portland
100003A0 Requisition #
5 days ago Post Date
This positionis primarily responsible for managing and administering the US Columbia andSorel Sales Incentive Compensation Programs. The Sales Compensation Analystwill, serve as the point of contact for all sales team members regarding incentivecompensation. The role will also maintain, update and improve compensationdocumentation and procedures when necessary. Additionally, the role will ,oversee the sales new hire training scheduling, maintain and update seasonaltraining for sales associates and assist with other Sales Operations Projectsas needed.
Manage and Administer Sales Incentive Compensation Program:
Help develop, modify, and maintain our Sales Incentive CompensationProgram
- Oversee creation of Management By Objectives (MBO) worksheet for newlyhired Sales Representatives.
- Partners with Senior Accountant to track % to goal totals, identifywindfalls, and to report totals out to Sales Team on a monthly cadence.
- Provide guidance to employees and cross-functional teams regarding SalesCompensation trends and standards.
- Partner with Sales Management and HR on issues related to the IncentiveCompensation plan.
- Manage the requests to customer master for rep table changes and updatesfor Columbia and Sorel brands, and manage any new set up requests forterritories.
Own distribution of all reporting and follow-up communication regardingreporting.
Manage Sales Training and On-boardingprocess:
Maintain, update, and improve all Sales Training documentation whenneeded.
- Serve as the point of contact at Headquarters for all new sales teammembers
Create the Sales new hire training schedule inclusive of travel andother items related to the NEO experience.
Oversee and administer the Experticity online training program forretail associates:
Update content seasonally.
- Audit and analyze reports and data for effectiveness and to identifyareas for improvement.
- Administer special promotions for select customers.
- Oversee the creation of seasonal clinic presentations based on theExperticity training for sales representatives to utilize with customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting,Economics, Business, Communications, or similar field preferred; or otherrelevant combination of training and experience is required.
- 5 plus years professionalexperience managing and administering a Sales Incentive Compensation Program preferred.
- Strongtrack record demonstrating experience related to Sales Incentive Compensationplans
- Ability to handle confidentialinformation in a professional manner.
- Content management skills:ability to edit written documentation, to compile material in an organizedmanner, and to communicate complex ideas or processes effectively.
- Project Management skills (highlyorganized, excellent attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize)with the strong desire to build and excel at project management.
- Strong presentation skills: bothcreation of presentation contents, and ability to give presentations to largegroups.
- Strong skills in Excel,Powerpoint and other Office products.
- Demonstrated understanding of thebusiness process development and improvement.
- Excellent written and verbalcommunication skills.
- Demonstrates consideration ofdifferent solutions to problems and presents reasoning for alternativesolutions.
Columbia Sportswear Company is a portfolio of Brands for active lives.From our flagship Columbia Brand to Mountain Hardwear, prAna and even the SORELBrand….we are all about making products that get people closer to theirpassions.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age