HDR Senior Traffic Engineer in Portland, Oregon
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our'About Us'video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Senior Traffic Engineer, we'll count on you to:
• Task lead of traffic design teams on projects of all sizes
• Project management of traffic engineering projects
• Prepare plans, specifications and estimate for traffic-related work including signing, striping, signals, illumination, ITS, and traffic control plans.
• Prepare and/or review scope and fee proposals
• Negotiate scope, schedule and fees with clients
• Prepare two-week workload projections for project needs
• Ability to assess, develop and lead staff/teams
• Mentor and train junior staff
• Managing multiple traffic tasks and projects within scope, schedule and budget
• Prepare clear and accurate technical reports, construction plans, specifications and estimates from start to finish.
• Strong communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
• 8 years of experience in traffic engineering is preferred.
• Licensed Professional and in the State of Oregon and can obtain licensure in Washington state, Civil Engineering license is preferred.
• Excellent communication skills
• Works cooperatively with other team members, operations managers, technical directors and marketing managers
• Committed to quality, improvement and HDR values
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
• Strong communication skills
• Strong preference will be given to local candidates with established relationships and relevant project experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of local jurisdictional requirements and permitting processes.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microstation and/or AutoCAD
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Job: *Highway Road
Title: Senior Traffic Engineer
Requisition ID: 146236