Terracon Senior Transportation Project Manager in Portland, Oregon
THIS POSITION CAN BE FILLED IN: Seattle WA, Denver CO, Orange County CA, Las Vegas NV, Phoenix AZ, Salt Lake City, UT or Portland, OR
Manage all aspects of an engineering transportation project to ensure that it is safely completed on time and within scope and budget. Responsible for completing the project as per its contracted scope; monitor progress and performance against the project plan. Troubleshoot and recommend or resolve operational problems and minimize delays. May be responsible for resource management, project scheduling, budgets and forecasts, and working with external design partners, vendors, subcontractors or contractors. Conducts meetings and prepares reports to communicate the status of the project to project team and client. Set priorities, assign tasks, and coordinate project staff to meet project targets and milestones.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of a complex transportation projects
- Works with client or NAM to define project scope, schedule and budget
- Lead and manage projects with focus being in the transportation sector and the geotechnical service line
- With the help of corporate marketing, identifies new client opportunities and sells appropriate Terracon services
- Participates in the development of marketing strategies and presentations for prospective clients
- Design, communicate, and implement a project plan for completing a project
- Leads safety efforts including preparation and compliance with approved safety plan
- Resolve operational problems and minimize delays
- Identify, develop, and gather necessary resources to complete the project
- Prepare designs and work specifications; develop schedules, budgets and forecasts; select materials, equipment, project staff, and contractors
- Estimate costs, resources, and time required to complete
- Coach and mentor project staff and assist them to solve problems
- Coordinates with APR to ensure appropriate oversight is in place and sufficient time allowed for quality reviews
Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline practices by the Firm including Geotechnical or Geologic Engineering, and a minimum of 10 years’ related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- P.E. or the ability to obtain a P.E. in the current state of residence
THIS POSITION CAN BE FILLED IN: Seattle WA, Denver CO, Orange County CA, Las Vegas NV, Phoenix AZ, Salt Lake City, UT, or Portland, OR.
Auto req ID: 6764BR
Posting Title: Senior Transportation Project Manager
Location: Portland OR
Service Line: Geotechnical
Company Information: Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 3,500 employees in 130 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
EEO Statement: Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
No. of Positions: 1
Employment Type: Regular, Full Time
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
Experience Required: 10 Years or more
City State: Portland, OR