ServerLogic Sr Financial Analyst - IT in Portland, Oregon
The position will provide financial consulting, direction and analysis to the IT and VMO organizations. Responsibilities include analyzing financial results, ensuring budget and forecast are accurate, and advising IT leadership in making appropriate investment decisions to help drive shareholder’s value. Additionally, the position supports the VMO in financial review of contracts, negotiations and financial adherence to signed contracts.
- Works directly with IT Managers, IT Directors and IT Executive Leadership to ensure their respective forecasts and budgets accurately reflect the financial requirements of their business line and support corporate and IT financial goals.
- Review monthly results for accuracy and liaison with accounting team for any necessary adjustments needed to ensure high quality financial results.
- Prepare analyses that identify and communicate business results, trends, and outlooks; and create analysis, commentary, and presentation materials (both financial results and business initiatives) for monthly business reviews. Provide valuable insights into the business operations by preparing presentations that include clear interpretation of the data and action plans to mitigate/moderate issues when appropriate.
- Responsible for development and tracking of business unit KPIs and effectively analyzing and communicating results to business leaders.
- Partner with the accounting team to accurately classify spend to projects and capitalize expenses bases on GAAP and accrue outstanding invoices for services.
- Scrutinize invoices for accuracy, that they represent current business needs, and to confirm the work/service identified is the work/service provided by the vendor. Manage invoices through the appropriate approval channels.
- Regularly evaluate current processes and tools, identify best practices, develop plans, and implement improvements.
Scope and Accountability:
- Frequently incumbent’s decisions and actions strongly impact the company’s revenue, reputation, and customer satisfaction.
- Incumbent follows procedures and established guidelines, but also acts independently in making recommendations and decisions. Performs work under general supervision.
- Communicates with business unit controllers, functional leaders and periodically with business unit Presidents.
- Coordinates with third party vendors and represents the interests of the Company.
Desired Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree generally required. Major coursework in Accounting or Finance preferred. Will accept any suitable combination of education, experience, or training.
- 5 - 8 years of experience, preferably in a large, multi-state, multi-national Finance department.
- Must have demonstrated success in business partnering and team building skills, and a proven ability to strategically align business unit objectives to company goals.
- Expert level ability in delivering financial forecasting and managing planning cycles.
- Ability to apply in-depth knowledge of financial practices to solve complex problems.
- Proven track record of ability to drive and implement process improvements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including when working interdepartmentally and with external contacts. Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization; skilled in influence and negotiation.
- Adept in working in a high energy, changing environment; ability to define plans of action in ambiguous situations; and shows initiative to proactively resolve problems.
- Basic project management skills; proven ability to meet deadlines; multi-task and prioritize workloads; demonstrated analytical capabilities; effectively identify and resolve problems in high visibility situations.
- Ability to present complex data in simple charts/graphs with possibility to drill down into details.
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP – General Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Prior experience with Oracle Financials and TM1 (or similar planning/reporting software) strongly preferred.
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Preferred: Experience interfacing with different cultures, as communications with Europe will be present on global level.
Job Code: #4836
Title: Sr Financial Analyst - IT
Job Type: Contract-to-Hire
Job Location: Portland Oregon
Job #4836: BA - Business Analyst