Columbia Sportswear Company Technical Specialist in Portland, Oregon
United States, Oregon, Portland
100003CY Requisition #
6 hours ago Post Date
This role is responsiblefor supporting the development process and technical aspects of apparel stylesby collaborating closely with Design, Merchandising, Product Development,Sourcing, Hong Kong Development Center, LO Merchandiser, Quality Assurance andcontract manufacturers to ensure that design integrity and quality aremaintained and that products are developed within established timelines. Provide critical computer data and technical garment illustration skills forseasonal styles and the PDM (product data management) process. Work with teammembers to ensure that calendar deadlines are met to reach critical Companygoals and all product related information is accurate in the system and on timefor production.
- Highest-level priorityspent generating the technical sketches and technical package information forall assigned styles in collaboration with Design and Product Engineer toprocure critical information related to the technical development requirementsof a style including material, trim, color direction and style intent.
- Specific areas of focusinclude: Technical flat sketches in Illustrator, PDM Bill of Materials andTechnical Instructions building, lab dips generation, prototype submission andreview, updates to styles for line adoption, audit reviews and sales samplereview.
- Provide support forprototype creation collaborating closely with team members to ensurespecification and prototypes are as accurate as possible and represent designintention.
- Follow and inputparameters for style specifications, style measurements, quality standards andconstruction details. Identify and Sketch in Illustrator any constructiondetails or sew methods that need to be communicated to the garmentfactories.
- For the assignedcategory ensure that Bills of Materials, specifications, measurements andconstruction comments are input into database, maintained and accurate.
- Collaborate with ProductEngineer to review factory prototypes for accuracy, quality and function. Communicate findings to the appropriate persons including,Design/Merchandising, Sourcing and the LO Merchandising team and make necessarynotations for sketch updates.
- Set up Fit Sessions withthe Team and execute necessary follow-up communication with Liaison Officepartners.
- Partner withDesign/Merchandising, Sourcing, Planning, Materials Research, QualityAssurance, LO Merchandising and contract manufacturing to ensure a coordinatedand efficient process.
- In somecategories, assist with the creation and coloring of CAD yarn dyes and/orprints. Build and maintain yarn dye or print artwork color ways andstrike off approval related data in PDM throughout the season.
- Requires excellentorganizational skills.
- Basic knowledge offabrics and trims associated with the development process.
- Possess basic knowledgeof general design process from concept to pre-production, garment constructionmethods and manufacturing sewing operations, including pattern making, gradingand marking processes.
- Must have excellentcomputer skills for Macintosh and PC formats and be familiar with the AdobeIllustrator program.
- Possess basic knowledgeof materials and functional aspects of garments.
- Ability to work underpressure, to meet strict timelines and manage multiple taskssimultaneously.
- Possess good written andverbal communication skills to deal with various levels of management andemployees within the organization as well as vendors and worldwidepersonnel.
- Physical ability totravel worldwide on commercial transportation; visual acuity for analyzingsamples and color; sitting, standing, bending, lifting up to 20 pounds andfinger dexterity.
- Requires aBachelor’s degree or equivalent specializing in apparel design, appareldevelopment, fabric arts, or related field.
- Associate’sdegree with 1-2 years related work experience acceptable in lieu of bachelor’sdegree.
- Entry levelrole with demonstrated abilities in garment construction and using requiredsoftware technology.
- Internships inthe outdoor industry and apparel category preferred.
Columbia Sportswearcreates innovative products that are used by people around the world to stayactive and enjoy the outdoors. We believe that the quality of our productsspeak for themselves. Anyone will tell you that a quality product beginswith quality ingredients. That means you!
We are looking for anAssociate Technical Specialist to join a team of people who believe their life'swork can also be an adventure of a lifetime.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusivelist of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition ofthe position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity/Age