Hospice Partners of America Hospice Weekend RN Full time (Salem/Albany/Eugene) in Salem, Oregon
Serenity Hospice, a member of the Hospice Partners of America family, is seeking an outstanding clinician to lead part of our Portland, Oregon care team. The On-Call Registered Nurse provides skilled professional nursing care to patient/family/caregivers as prescribed by the physician and in compliance with regulations by the State Board of Registered Nursing and company policies when called upon after hours. Work closely with all members of the Interdisciplinary Team to ensure proper patient follow up on previous night after hour’s calls. Adhere to company policies and procedures and regulatory compliance requirements and directives.
Do you demonstrate excellent observation, assessment, nursing judgment and communication skills? Do you have the ability to provide accurate written documentation in a timely manner? Are you self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision?
If you answered "YES" - apply TODAY!!
- Provides skilled nursing patient care or service within the established plan of care.
- Coordinates all after hour services relative to providing skilled nursing care.
- Demonstrates exceptional service to patients, families, referral sources, co-workers and other customers.
- Assists team members as needed to ensure that this level of service is consistently provided.
- Assesses patient physical, psychological, social, and environmental status; identifies problems and appropriate interventions and initiates the Plan of Care based on these findings. Includes the patient and family in the planning process.
- Reports pertinent observations and reactions regarding changes in patient status; identifies problems and appropriate interventions and updates the Plan of Care based on these findings.
- Communicates with the Clinical Team Lead and physician regarding observations and recommended interventions.
- Teaches the patient and family/caregiver self-care techniques as appropriate.
- Provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients and families/caregivers.
- Works in concert with the interdisciplinary group.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are provided timely.
- Assists the patient and family/caregiver and other team members in providing continuity of care, emotional, spiritual and psychosocial support.
- Completes all documentation in a concise, accurate and timely manner.
- Provides written instructions to home health aides for patient care consistent with the established plan of care.
At Serenity, we are privileged to provide end-of-life care and are dedicated to doing
Whatever It Takes When It Matters The Most.
There are many hospices, but only one Serenity Hospice.
- We are a caring organization whose first responsibility is to do the right thing in serving our patients.
- We value our team, treating them fairly and with respect while holding them accountable for performing their duties and providing exceptional customer service.
- We adhere to the highest ethical and compliance standards.
- We are committed to a successful future for our organization and our staff, focusing on growth, innovation and continued learning.
- At Serenity Hospice, you will enjoy an employment package that includes competitive pay and exceptional benefit offerings including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability insurance, PTO, paid holidays, 401(k), tuition assistance, continuing education and more.
- Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state of Oregon.
- Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communications; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary setting.
- Understands hospice philosophy & regulatory guidelines and has a passion for impacting the lives of others
- Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload independently.
- Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation that is insured in accordance with OR and/or company's requirements.
- Current CPR
- Current car insurance.
- Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
At Serenity, our promise is that no one dies alone, afraid or in pain.
Prior home health or hospice experience or (1) year of recent medical/surgical experience strongly preferred.
Tracking Code: 585-086
Job Location: Salem, Oregon, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular