Macy's Retail Support - Receiving, Flex: Salem, OR, Salem Center in Salem, Oregon
- Job Overview: *
The Receiving Associate is responsible for all functions related to the receipt and processing of merchandise entering and leaving the building as well as the upkeep of merchandise within the store and maintaining the stockroom. Performs other duties as assigned.
The summary below may not include all the essential functions and qualifications for this position. For more information, we encourage you to review the complete job description by clicking* here *.
The Flex schedule is designed to allow Macy's to flex up staffing during key events and peak selling times, and allows you the flexibility to maintain your current responsibilities while earning extra money and enjoying a retail discount of up to 20%. If you have a flexible availability and think that you would enjoy a fast-paced retail environment, then this may be the opportunity for you!
Essential Functions: *
- Complete all processing and receiving activities in accordance with productivity standards timelines
- Responsible for customer carryout and special deliveries
- Participate in stockroom maintenance, organization, and housekeeping
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Education/Experience: *
• No specific educational accomplishments are necessary.
Communication Skills: *
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills: *
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division;
• Able to use a calculator.
Reasoning Ability: *
• Self-starter; • Able to work independently and as part of a team; • Must have good time management skills.
- Physical Demands: *
- * • This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. May involve reaching above eye level. • Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Other Skills: *
- * • Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team; • Must possess a strong sense of urgency; • Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
Work Hours: *
• Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal ** Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Salem - OR
Job: Receiving and Merchandising
Req ID: 71382145