MWH Staff Accountant in Stayton, Oregon
Slayden Constructors Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of MWH Constructors, a Northwest based heavy civil construction company, is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant to join our team in Stayton, Oregon.
This position will develop and expanded understanding of Slayden business and accounting practices, systems and procedures: apply sound accounting knowledge in financial issues of medium to high complexity to support business processes. The ideal candidate will be a motivated, hardworking, dependable and experienced person ready to step in and be a productive addition to our accounting team.
Essential Job Functions:
The following duties are typical for this position and are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Monitor and report the business cash position on a daily basis, posting cash receipts and transfers to keep system ledgers current.
• Ensure timely accounts receivable invoicing by project staff and create intercompany invoices required, posting all documentation to system ledgers.
• Record fixed asset transactions in system ledgers and maintain schedule of monthly purchases and sales. Record the monthly intercompany cost allocations to projects and related entities.
• Proactive and effective communication with all accounting and project management staff on compliance items needed to ensure the timely monthly close process.
• Perform account reconciliations of all general ledger accounts and confirm compliance with business process policy.
• Preparation of certain support reports of the monthly financial statement.
• Maintenance of internal controls and procedures. Ensure proper application of parent company SOX compliance requirements and initiatives.
• Additional accounting related duties assigned to assist where needed to maintain fast-paced monthly close and support subsidiary reporting requirements of parent company.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with in-depth understanding of GAAP and exposure to SOX compliance.
• Minimum 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience with working knowledge of accounting processes, preferably in the commercial construction industry.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required with intermediate to advanced level experience in Excel.
• Previous exposure to Viewpoint Construction Software or CMiC software a plus.
• Strong work ethic, detail oriented, personal effectiveness/credibility, thoroughness, technical capacity and a positive and proactive approach to all duties.
Accounting, Accounting Finance, Business Support
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):
United States - Oregon - Stayton