PDS Tech Inc Manufacturing Electrical Engineer in Wilsonville, Oregon
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Manufacturing Electrical Engineer for an open position in Portland, OR.
• Maintains cognizance and control over Engineering support costs to Mfg.
• Provides technical interpretation of drawings and specifications of moderately complex products.
• Works with Design Engineers to analyze and resolve design tolerance problems. Coordinates design changes or improvements with Design Engineering.
• Evaluate, select and recommend capital test equipment when appropriate using sound cost/payback analysis.
• Evaluate Customer Returned Good (CRG) activity to repair and return units in the most efficient manner. Evaluate failure data for trends.
• Provide capacity planning and utilization analysis for accurate staffing and test equipment needs.
• Eliminate/reduce test defects and improve test yields. Perform root cause analysis and take corrective action to resolve test failures.
• Studies test equipment performance and reliability, and establishes programs and solutions for decreasing equipment downtime.
• Intermediate use and application of standard engineering and manufacturing principles and processes.
• Develops solutions to technical problems of moderate scope and difficulty under the guidance of more senior engineers.
• Failure to achieve results will adversely impact product quality or delivery schedules.
• Develops, implements and maintains test methods and processes in the manufacture and test of sub-assembly, module, and top level product for moderately difficult product lines.
• Determines proper test flows and sequencing for the efficient flow of assigned products.
• Provides technical assistance and training support to floor test technicians.
• Maintains test documentation in current configuration and oversees accurate change management procedures for test documents for assigned products.
• Analyzes established manufacturing test processes for cost reduction opportunities.
• Develops working knowledge of moderately difficult test systems and hardware.
• Provides technical assistance and support to sub-assembly and top-level testing.
• May provide Material Review Board analysis and disposition of company and/or supplier products.
• Individual job duties may vary
Must have requirements
·Candidate shall have a BS degree or greater in Electrical Engineering.
·Candidate should have experience in programming C#.
·Candidate should have production floor support experience or 3-5 years production experience.
·Detailed production analysis using Matlab and/or Minitab desired.
This position may require you to submit to and pass a drug test and/or background check. If this is a hands-on position, you may also be required to pass a safety and productivity examination.
PDS Tech, Inc. will comply with all applicable federal and state laws governing the use of such background checks and drug tests.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
Immediate 401(k) eligibility
Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, check out http://www.pdstech.com/
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details
To find a recruiter near you, look at our Branch Locator. at http://www.pdstech.com/pds_locations.htm