Universal Forest Products Production Supervisor-Specialties SWING SHIFT in WOODBURN, Oregon
- High school diploma
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of experience; 3 to 5 years preferred.
- Working knowledge of production reporting and production scheduling
- Working knowledge of excel, word and outlook.
- Basic knowledge on lumber math, lumber grades and species.
- Preferred understanding on company policies, practices and procedures.
- Successfully complete Forklift Driver licensing process
Skills and abilities
- Demonstrates ability to handle responsibility and be accountable for actions/decisions
- Ability to recognize safe vs. unsafe working conditions
- Ability to clearly communicate directions and expectations
- Ability to plan, and organize the work of others, determine priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure and stress.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and act decisively when conditions change
- Ability to identify problems and find viable solutions
- Ability to understand and use basic math and numbers, and to use a computer terminal, calculator, and telephone.
- Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English; ability read and write basic English
- Ability to communicate with management regarding people, products and equipment
- Ability to multitask and pay attention to detail
- Ability to work under immediate supervision
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to work hours mandated by management
- Safety conscious and strong supervisory and interpersonal skills
- Team player and goal oriented
- Leads by example and has a positive attitude
- Participates in Safety and CI programs
- Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
Punctual and reliable
Implements methods to achieve plans and goals of the department and to maintain quality and customer standards/expectations
Directs the activity of a group of employees and motivates for maximum productivity
Ensures all employees have received adequate machine specific safety training prior to operating equipment
Reviews pre-shift machine inspections and addresses machine concerns according to internal procedures
Maintains a clean and safe work environment; consistently checks quality of inbound and outbound material; and implements CI principals to improve current processes
Identifies, researches, and resolves various problems and opportunities
Evaluates performance of individuals and various programs
Coaches and assists employees to help them perform their job functions more safety, productively, and efficiently
Disciplines employees when necessary, and conducts annual performance reviews
Conducts sunrise meetings and monthly safety talks, and provides training to employees
Directs activities consistent with all Company policies, procedures and applicable law
Communicates to employees and other management members as required
Leads employees in continuous improvements and safety initiatives
Prepares production reports and maintains records as required
Participates in Safety Committee and ensures that assigned department is in compliance with established safety standards
Manages employees time and attendance through the T&A system
May drive a forklift to assist moving material to and from the production area
Performs other duties as required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled