Columbia Sportswear Company eCommerce QA Tester in Beaverton, Oregon
eCommerce QA Tester
United States, Oregon, Beaverton
10000522 Requisition #
Jul 05, 2018 Post Date
TheeCommerce Quality Assurance Tester will be will be responsible for authoringand executing test cases for our global eCommerce platform initiatives.
Asa member of the eCommerce team, this person will be involved in qualityplanning early in the design and requirements gathering process with a focus ontestability and boundry/exception flows.This person should have a strong understanding of the eCommerce environmentand understand the core elements of QA for online retail.
TheeCommerce Quality Assurance tester will work with the Project Managers,Developers, Merchandisers, Marketers, QA team members, and the Director ofeCommerce Technology to ensure all technologies are tested across operatingsystem, browser and form factors and working as designed.
- Partner with site operations, development,and user experience teams to understand desired functionality and create testcases for validating customer experience across browsers and operating systems.
- Utilize a test case management tool (Testrail)to capture and execute all test cases and test suites
- Create and monitor status dashboards for testcase execution and provide to cross-functional teams to monitor the overallhealth of our production sites.
- Report defects clearly in the JIRA defecttracking system
- Advocate for QA techniques and philosophiesto be integrated into other business unit areas to improve downstream QAtesting.
- Provide quality stop gate and advisetechnical/functional teams on readiness of code to push to production.
- Perform test case execution in the context ofan Agile development iteration.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or related relevant workexperience.
- 1-2 years’ experience as a QA tester monitoring andexecuting tests through a full lifecycle for web-based applications andpreferably eCommerce or consumer facing web sites, from requirements gatheringto deployment
- Author and execute test cases and suites as part ofregular production release cadence.
- Experience with building regression and smoke testingsuites.
- Strong written and communication skills with attentionto detail.
- Strong familiarity with web technologies, browsers,operating systems, and mobile devices
- Ability to review functional/technical specificationswith a focus on testability and quality improvements
- Passion for aligning quality goals to business goals
- Proven success working collaboratively withincross-functional and distributed teams based on strong team spirit, solid workethic and good communication skills
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age