Digimarc North American Recycling & Sustainability Manager in Beaverton, Oregon
North American Recycling & Sustainability Manager
Sustainability & Recycling | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Digimarc was founded with a very simple, but very big idea – that the objects all around us have stories to tell, and by giving them identities we enable them to tell their stories. In this quest we became a pioneer and world leader in the automatic identification of nearly every form of media type or physical object, ranging from packaging and printed materials, to identity and security documents, manufactured parts and even audio/video. You likely ‘experience’ Digimarc every day to improve your life.
This same technology has exciting new applications in the identification of plastics and other consumer waste to improve sortation in recycling facilities, while reducing the impact to landfills, oceans and the environment. If you’re ready to be a catalyst for change and steward for sustainability, making the circular economy a reality, we have a position for you.
Digimarc is seeking a North American Recycling and Sustainability Manager to oversee the company’s technology and solutions for recycling and sustainability globally and to help manage the relationships, projects and resources for a global deployment of our technology. This person will be advancing the development efforts and success the company has achieved with the HolyGrail1.0 and 2.0initiatives in Europe for sortation technology. A key goal of the company is to advance use of the technology with an initial focus in the EU and NA. This will involve relationship management, documentation of contracts and projects, project management, funding opportunities, and similar activities.
This is a full-time position, and flexibility will be required with respect to matching availability with industry events or video meetings. The Manager will use their industry relationships and credibility to seek foster excellent customer relations and timely delivery of projects. They will also learn and advise the company’s Recycling Core team on recycling industry practices, business models for plastics recovery, value propositions based on resins used for plastics in fast-moving consumer goods and assist the company in preparing documents and proposals. As a representative of the company, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, with the ability to communicate technical and business information directly and clearly to the recycling community and executive staff within the company.
WHAT YOU WILL DO…
- Run US projects and initiatives with brands and retailers and their supply chain providers for enhancements, and interface between their senior executives/managers and Digimarc personnel
- Coordinate with the EU Program Manager and EU Sustainability Manager the US-side of AIM/HolyGrail trials and Golden Thread initiatives
- Coordinating with engineering, the Professional Services Group, marketing and product management on enhancement, embossing, mold development and other recycling customer needs and projects
- Understand the nuance of the relationship and exercise good judgment in communications and commitments
- Provide modeling and mapping of the recycling ecosystem and the players and providers, understanding and modeling the markets and economics for the recycling industry
- Drafting of grant proposals and other fundraising initiatives
- Manage presentation schedule and materials creation and distribution
- Interface with the trade associations on messaging
- Monitoring progress and milestones, and coordinate billing with Finance
- Coordinate business development and initial inquiry requests and gather responsive information
- Support sales efforts
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
Below are the skills and specifications required:
- Passionate about understanding customers’ needs and driving towards customer success
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a broad range of individuals, groups, partners, and departments
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and initiatives, requiring outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication, including presentation skills and ability to translate technical jargon
- Customer orientation and ability to present complex information to diverse audiences
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and result oriented
- Experience in recycling and sustainability is a plus
- Ability to quickly absorb new technologies
- Ability to work extended hours and travel when required
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values of Innovation, Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Commitment, and Knowledge in a dynamic working environment
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE…
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired
- Requires a minimum of 2-5 years of related experience (or demonstrated alternative experience)
- Substantial understanding of the job, and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks
- As a skilled professional, completes tasks in creative and effective ways
- Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative in resolving issues or in making recommendations
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions
- Self-motivated and works well with limited daily instruction or task management
- Determine methods and procedures on new assignments
Digimarc is seeking diverse applicants. We are an equal opportunity employer who considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor. We want the best people who share our values.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.