Apple Timing Design Engineer in Beaverton, Oregon
Timing Design Engineer
- Preferred at least 5+ years of Physical Design experience on high PHY and/or SOC designs
- Deep knowledge of industry standards and practices in Timing closures, Physical Design, including Physically aware synthesis, Floor-planning, and Place & Route Experience in developing and implementing STA constraints
- Deep understanding of all aspects of Timing flow, Physical construction, Integration and Physical Verification
- Confirmed knowledge of Basic SoC Architecture and HDL languages like Verilog to collaborate with our logic design team for timing fixes
- Experienced user of industry standard Timing, Physical Design and Synthesis tools
- Deep Understanding of scripting languages such as Perl/Tcl
As a Timing Design engineer you will be involved with all phases of physical design of high performance PHY design from RTL to delivery of our final GDSII. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to: Generate block level static timing constraints. Close timing on critical blocks by working with RTL, PD teams. Develop and validate high performance low power clock network guidelines. Perform Timing optimization and implement the design for functionality. Generate and Implement ECOs to fix timing etc. Run Timing verification flow at chip/block level and provide guidelines to fix violations to other designers and/or perform the fixes. Participate in establishing CAD and physical design methodologies for accurate by construction designs. Assist in flow development for chip integration.
Education & Experience
Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering is required
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant (Opens in a new window) .
Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. United States Department of Labor. Learn more (Opens in a new window) .
Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco, review the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance guidelines (opens in a new window) applicable in your area.
Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program (Opens in a new window) .
Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace. Reasonable Accommodation and Drug Free Workplace policy Learn more (Opens in a new window) .
- Apple Jobs