HomeStreet Bank Branch Manager in Bend, Oregon
EO/AA Employer including Vets and Disabled
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered in accordance with legal requirements.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the overall profitability of the single family lending business of the branch. Establish and implement an annual branch sales and marketing plan to achieve targeted goals for volume, profitability and customer service. Responsible for hiring, developing and motivating a realtor focused sales force in the origination of permanent loans and other HomeStreet products within a designated area. Personally originate permanent loans and other HomeStreet products, meeting quotas set by the Regional Production Manager. Ensure the origination of quality profitable and saleable residential loans.
• Plan the annual branch budget and revenue projections and submit to the Regional Manager for approval. Operate within this budget during the year communicating goals and strategic direction to Loan Officers.
• Develop a branch marketing plan with a sales execution strategy.
o Research branch market area to create and implement effective sales techniques which will generate new lending opportunities.
o Actively call on new and prospective customers, exploring needs and cross-selling and recommending products and services that are in the best interest of the customer and that achieve their financial objectives.
o Identify opportunities to deepen our relationship with customers that have a minimal relationship but offer upside potential and aggressively sell to this customer base.
o Understand local area trends and issues that affect lending and recommend solutions or take action that will respond to those opportunities.
o Provide the Regional Production Manager with production reports, projections, and other market information as required.
• Provide sales leadership to Loan Officers.
o Establish production goals for Loan Officers and hold them accountable for achieving these goals. Schedule and lead effective sales meetings.
o Support the daily sales efforts of assigned Loan Officers, including meeting with Loan Officers on a weekly basis to discuss loan application status and review lock expirations.
o Observe, coach and recognize the sales force in the successful marketing of HomeStreet’s products and brand. Ensure all staff are trained in sales and service techniques. Model sales skills and techniques as well as customer advocacy.
o Coordinate and produces the marketing materials/flyers for one-time specific branch functions or realtor needs following corporate guidelines and procedures. Make request for regional or corporate collateral materials to Regional Production Manager.
o Actively encourage Loan Officers to look for cross-sell opportunities and to make referrals across business lines.
o Work closely with Bank Branch Manager coordinating joint marketing plans and cross-selling efforts. In coordination with Bank Branch Manager, conduct joint meetings with all branch staff to ensure all employees maintain effective communication and partnership in serving customers.
o Demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, efficiency and customer advocacy in the branch resolving the most difficult customer issues.
• Provide people management according to Company policies and procedures.
o Recruit, hire and develop staff to through approved company methods.
o Ensure that Loan Officers and the Branch QC Coordinator work together effectively in order to prepare accurate, complete, and timely loan applications.
o Conduct formal performance reviews, at minimum annually, of direct reports according to company standards.
o Review and monitor individual staff compensation (draw and commissions) to ensure competitiveness and appropriateness to skill and knowledge.
o Create a desirable and rewarding environment where production and teamwork is rewarded and celebrated and individuals are recognized for superior performance on a regular basis.
o Train new Loan Officers to company standards for technical expertise, sales ability and customer service with the support of the Regional Manager, Home Office and other staff. Ensure that all staff participate in company training and or other company activities as appropriate.
• Work actively within assigned area to understand the local market, local competition, and business opportunities.
• Originate loans personally while meeting the same HomeStreet quality standards expected of a Loan Officer.
• Work in partnership with the Regional Production Manager, other Branch Managers, other HomeStreet production divisions, and HomeStreet Marketing Department to coordinate new loan product development and marketing efforts targeted to realtors and customers.
• Understand all elements of loan production and operations. Work in partnership with Operations staff to ensure the smooth flow of files from origination to final sale. Use sound decision making abilities in assisting with loan approval and funding decisions in accordance with policies and authorization.
• Understand and maintain a thorough knowledge of HomeStreet’s operations and organization, communicating this understanding to others when appropriate and referring inquiries and correspondence to the proper department or individual. Be familiar with HomeStreet permanent loan programs and products.
• Comply with applicable government regulations and cooperate in all aspects of internal quality control and compliance programs.
• Ensure that all business is conducted according to HomeStreet’s Code of Conduct.
• Represent HomeStreet through industry and community volunteer work.
• All other duties assigned by management.
• Minimum of five years experience in residential loan origination and at least two years of leadership/management experience, including hiring, training and motivating a sales team.
• Experience with all mortgage loan types, including Conventional, FHA, VA, Brokered, Rehabs, One-Steps, Streamline and Rollover Refinances.
• Excellent knowledge of the industry and economy’s impact on the business. Understanding of underwriting and secondary market guidelines. Strong financial acumen.
• Good working knowledge of HomeStreet’s financial products and services.
• Excellent verbal, listening and communication skills.
• Strong desire and ability to work with employees and customers in a cooperative, professional, and friendly manner.
• Knowledge of computers and ability to use appropriate software and learn new programs as necessary.
• Must be a self-starter, dependable, accurate in completing responsibilities with strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently, set priorities and handle multiple tasks.
• Must exercise good judgment, accept responsibility and handle confidential information.
• Able to work as a part of a team and with people of diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to accept and facilitate change and assume additional duties/projects as required.
• A valid driver’s license, vehicle, and liability insurance.
This Position Description may not be limited to the Functions and Requirements as outlined, now or in the future. For example, changes in corporate needs, position demands, or individual performance may result in changes to the Functions or Requirements of this position.
Residential (Sales), SFL Producing Retail Mgmt
Who We Are
Founded in 1921, HomeStreet Bank offers consumer and business banking, mortgage financing, commercial lending, investment and insurance products and services in the Pacific Northwest, California and Hawaii. We maintain a shared goal across teams and regions to be the trusted and preferred source of financial services for our clients.
Our drive to achieve this goal begins with trust – in our own abilities and in those who we work with each day. At HomeStreet, we respect and empower our employees to make decisions that support innovation, and deliver results for customers. Employees collaborate across teams to make the right decisions, share knowledge, continually move forwards and grow.
We believe in promoting from within to deliver the strongest base of company knowledge, shared experience. And understanding about how our company has grown and evolved since its founding in 1921. Our teams reflect motivation, caring and a drive to achieve while having fun and supporting the communities where we live and work. This is how we deliver value every day.
As a rapidly expanding company, HomeStreet offers many opportunities to learn and grow. Throughout a period of dramatic growth, we have preserved the tradition of working in cross-functional project teams and promoting advancement across the company. Whether your interest lies in the banking or lending aspects of our business, if you have a desire to learn, are enthusiastic, perform quality work and have a passion for customer service, you will thrive in this fast paced and fun environment where people respect and help each other.
Diversity and Inclusion
HomeStreet is committed to a diverse workplace with employees from a wide range of backgrounds. We recognize that a more diverse workforce translates to broader perspective and greater understanding, which in turn translates to a greater capacity for customer service. We focus on recruiting and retaining employees from different backgrounds and who are representative of the people in our communities. By doing so, we are better able to serve our customers and understand their financial services needs and goals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal employment opportunity is a fundamental HomeStreet belief. We practice fair and equal treatment for everyone, regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, political ideology, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, or the presence, history or perception of having any sensory, mental or physical disability, genetic information, or protected veteran status. In addition, we ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This philosophy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Employing Individuals with Disabilities
HomeStreet embraces the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws providing for nondiscrimination in employment against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the alternative email address below to contact us about your interest in employment with HomeStreet Bank: Recruiting@homestreet.com.
Come Grow With Us
For more than 90 years, HomeStreet Bank has maintained a strong commitment to ethics, customer service and support of our communities. Building trust with our customers and employees is at the core of everything we do, and we’re looking for talented and motivated people to join us as we grow and evolve as a company.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to employee development. We continually aim to build and maintain a successful team of talented people who feel challenged to do their best every day. We hire for potential, support personal development, and whenever possible, promote from within.
We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and incentives with the opportunity to give back to the community. Whether you’re just beginning your career in financial services, or have years of experience, we have a wide range of job opportunities for you to consider.