Mosaic Medical Clinical Pharmacist (Temporary/Part-Time) in Bend, Oregon
Mosaic Medical prides itself on being an innovative health system that pioneers unique and creative ways to provide and improve patient access to health care. Since our founding in 2002 we have proudly served insured and uninsured patients regardless of age, ethnicity, or income.
We focus on a holistic approach to patient care by incorporating behavioral health, pharmacy, and nutrition support to serve patients in the most meaningful way. At Mosaic Medical, you will work with incredibly dedicated and mission-centered peers and be part of a dynamic team based environment.
Mosaic Medical offers more than just a job, it is a lifestyle. A lifestyle of serving others. A lifestyle of being an integral part of your community. A lifestyle that offers work/life balance. A lifestyle of enjoying the outdoors! Central Oregon offers over 300 days of sunshine a year, so enjoy a PTO day on the mountain, biking/hiking trails, or the river! A lifestyle that improves lives, including yours. Of course, we also offer a great benefit package!
The Clinical Pharmacist works closely with providers and nursing staff at all clinics in the Mosaic system to help coordinate the daily care of patients and serve as a drug information resource for the health care teams. This individual will support and expand patient-centered, team-based models of care that ensure medications are used safely, effectively and in a cost-effective manner. They will serve patients by assessing, implementing and monitoring medication related therapies, detecting therapeutic incompatibilities and assessing medication adherence through face-to-face, telephonic and electronic methods of communication. They will provide education to patients, providers and clinic staff regarding medication therapy. They will comply with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration. This will be done by assisting with nursing unit inspections; helping to maintain records for controlled substances; studying existing and new legislation as it relates to medication use and distribution and advising management on needed actions. This is a part-time position with a length of assignment through July 2021.
• Coordinates medication therapy management (MTM).
• Collaborates with PCPs in managing medications utilizing evidence-based recommendations Ensures safe and cost effective pharmacotherapy for patients, taking into account health care costs and social determinants of health.
• Assesses, implements, and monitors medication related therapies, detecting therapeutic incompatibilities and assessing medication adherence through face-to-face, telephonic and electronic methods of communication.
• Serves as liaison with insurers in coordinating patient medication management and prior authorizations.
• Educates clinical teams with regard to drug information and medication selection
• Maintains accurate electronic health records of patients and completes documentation in timely manner.
Skills & Knowledge
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, be customer service oriented, and have ability to interact with a diverse patient population in a professional manner. Must be detail-oriented, have ability to multi-task and work independently in making pharmacy and drug-related judgments, while still collaborating with team members. Must be organized and use analytical skills in problem solving and decision making. Basic to intermediate experience in computer applications, specifically electronic medical records system and MS Office a must.
- Bachelors or better
Licenses & Certifications
- 1 year: At least one year post-graduate residency training required with preference given to candidates who have completed PGY-2 ambulatory care residency or have similar experience. Experience with ambulatory 340b programs is ideal.