Mosaic Medical Dental Hygienist in Bend, Oregon
Mosaic Medical prides itself on being an innovative health system that pioneers unique and creative ways to provide and improve patient access to health care. Since our founding in 2002 we have proudly served insured and uninsured patients regardless of age, ethnicity, or income.
We focus on a holistic approach to patient care by incorporating behavioral health, pharmacy, and nutrition support to serve patients in the most meaningful way. At Mosaic Medical, you will work with incredibly dedicated and mission-centered peers and be part of a dynamic team based environment.
Mosaic Medical offers more than just a job, it is a lifestyle. A lifestyle of serving others. A lifestyle of being an integral part of your community. A lifestyle that offers work/life balance. A lifestyle of enjoying the outdoors! Central Oregon offers over 300 days of sunshine a year, so enjoy a PTO day on the mountain, biking/hiking trails, or the river! A lifestyle that improves lives, including yours. Of course, we also offer a great benefit package!
Under the direction and supervision of the Dentist/Dental Director, this position treats and educates patients in the control and prevention of oral disease through proper oral hygiene and regular professional care, within appropriate scope of practice across the lifespan.
• Provides treatment and education to adult and pediatric patients with the goal of controlling and preventing oral health disease such as caries and periodontal disease
• Reviews the medical and dental histories for evidence of conditions which may alter or complicate dental treatment or services
• Gives direct patient care by providing thorough and gentle prophylaxis, fluoride treatment, sealants, patient education, periodontal examinations, periodontal scaling and root planning, selective polishing, overhang removal, application of desensitizing agents, oral cancer examination.
• Charts and dates each patient’s periodontal health.
• Acts as a liaison to coordinate and collaborate, implementation and evaluation of on and offsite community Dental Education and Preventive programs, implementation, presentations and services to include but not limited to; schools, care centers and organizations.
Skills & Knowledge
Requires a comprehensive knowledge of oral hygiene care in outpatient settings. Knowledge of the principles and practice of modern oral hygiene and periodontal patient care is necessary. The Dental Hygienist must be cognizant of the public health, social and economic factors which impact on the overall health, and more specifically the oral health of their patients. Knowledge and practice of preventative dentistry and ability to instruct patients individually and in groups. Knowledge of medical record keeping and dental charting. Skill in the techniques of oral hygiene procedures and the use of equipment, instruments, and materials. Skill in cleaning teeth and examining mouth and teeth for abnormalities. Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with patients and staff. Must have excellent oral communication skills.
Licenses & Certifications
- Reg Dental Hygienist
- 2 years: Two years prior experience in a dental clinic. Experience serving a diverse patient population across the lifespan required.