The MENTOR Network Job Developer in Bend, Oregon
Job Developer Primary Location: United States-OR-ORBend Function: Program Services Coordination/Case Management Description
Due to the ongoing public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews. We thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, our employees, and our candidates.
MENTOR Oregon is seeking a Job Developer to develop connections with employers and agencies and secure competitive, community-based jobs for adultswith intellectual and developmental disabilitiesreferred for vocational support services in Bend.
What we offer you:
- Full compensation/benefits package for those working over 30 hours per week
- 401(k) with company matching(after introductory period and eligibility requirements are met)
- A rewarding work environment with an incredible team of co-workers
- Paid training
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, and Annual Bonus plans
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Access to a national network of local human service providers across 36 states
Essential Job Functions:
- Contacts community based employers, as an employment specialist, to secure paid employment and volunteer educational opportunities for referred individuals.
- Researches and recommends community employment sites and activities, completes vocational assessments, conducts site evaluations, and provides follow-up as indicated.
- Conducts career and vocational exploration by reaching out to employers and matching employer needs with individuals' goals.
- Assists individuals receiving services in searching and interviewing for employment, and provides follow-up support to individual clients once placed in a job.
- Provides work adjustment training to assist an employment client with improving work skills, work behaviors, interpersonal skills, and ethics needed to maintain employment.
- Contributes to Individual Service Plans for individuals receiving services that currently have paid and/or volunteer jobs, as well as individuals with job development goals and objectives.
- Completes required service documentation reviews, meets regularly with individuals and others to provide needed services and supports, and ensures appropriate communication with the planning team.
- Attends all related meetings, professionally represents the program while in the community, and ensures individuals' rights.
- Ensures safety by providing appropriate supervision to individuals at job sites.
The MENTOR Network
- The MENTOR Network Jobs