Copper Mountain Resort Nordic Cafe Lead - Winter Seasonal in Bend, Oregon
Position Summary: The purpose of the position of Café Lead is to provide excellent customer service while preparing and selling high quality food and beverages to all guests at the Mt. Bachelor Nordic Center.
The position requires experience in food preparation, costing, inventory, and ordering; a knowledge of commercial health and sanitation standards; ability to operate a cash register and handle cash, and a commitment to keeping a clean workspace. Lead must have current food handler's card and OLCC card for selling beer and wine. Length of shift varies throughout the season.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Creates and maintains production schedules for kitchen.
- Maintains records of attendance. Maintains labor costs by cutting staff when it is prudent while still maintaining high quality of service.
- Open and close work prep area and cash register using set procedures.
- Participate with Nordic Manager in menu planning, recipe creation, food costing.
- Follow recipe preparation of food products.
- Maintain quality control and portioning of menu items and ingredients.
- Promote sanitary conditions and prevent contamination of food and beverage products by following health and sanitation standards set by Mt. Bachelor.
- Oversees and trains staff in regards to food handling, food labeling, rotation of product, safety sanitation, and organization of all food areas.
- Maintain time and temperature log, label all food containers.
- Keep storage areas clean and organized.
- Follow Health Department Codes for proper sanitizing of dishware.
- Support OLCC rules and regulations.
- Breakdown cardboard boxes, flatten cans.
- Check and chart stock of work station inventory and needs. Place orders for the following days.
- Perform end of day side work and preparation for next day business.
- Provide friendly service and actively pursue opportunities for sales.
- Train new employees on department procedures related to kitchen.
Specific Job Skills: License/Certifications- Oregon food handler's card and OLCC card Technical- Basic computer skills with willingness to learn resort software Physical Capabilities- Able to stand for extended periods of time Additional- Cash handling, customer service. Use of Knives, pans, stoves, any necessary related kitchen equipment.
Education/Related Experience: Minimum education required- Able to read, write and follow directions. Minimum time in related position- 1 year.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled